Register Login
Mr FIAT - Your #1 source for vintage car parts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2019   #1
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Crete
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Question New 500x 2019 owner...

Hello everyone and Happy new year!!!

As the title states, I am waiting delivery of my new black 500X Cross 2019 1.6 diesel engine, 120bhp and DCT until the 10th of January.

So,here's the deal...
Car price was at the limit tax-wise and i couldn't add any extras like the LED headlights etc etc.
I'm now searching for new aftermarket LED headlights, with the DeAutoLED and Hikaris being the top choices.I am also considering changing every bulb on the car to LED ones.

Has anyone done this? What are you guys using? What type of bulbs do I need cause I see 2 different types of H4s?

Thanks in advance
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

macaronas is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 01-01-2019   #2
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,242
Thanks: 57
Trader Rating: 0
chris3234 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

Quote Originally Posted by macaronas View Post
Hello everyone and Happy new year!!!

As the title states, I am waiting delivery of my new black 500X Cross 2019 1.6 diesel engine, 120bhp and DCT until the 10th of January.

So,here's the deal...
Car price was at the limit tax-wise and i couldn't add any extras like the LED headlights etc etc.
I'm now searching for new aftermarket LED headlights, with the DeAutoLED and Hikaris being the top choices.I am also considering changing every bulb on the car to LED ones.

Has anyone done this? What are you guys using? What type of bulbs do I need cause I see 2 different types of H4s?

Thanks in advance
Can't speak for your country but in the UK at least it's illegal to retrofit led lights into unit's desgined for hid or fillment bulbs partly as the will not have a correct beam pattern
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

chris3234 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 01-01-2019   #3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Crete
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

Quote Originally Posted by chris3234 View Post
Can't speak for your country but in the UK at least it's illegal to retrofit led lights into unit's desgined for hid or fillment bulbs partly as the will not have a correct beam pattern
Yeah, I know, in Greece it's not. Thanks for the answer!!!!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

macaronas is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-01-2019   #4
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 19,593
Thanks: 703
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

I would wait to make sure basic electrical build is good before making any warranty cover less effective
Likes s130 liked this post
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 02-01-2019   #5
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Crete
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

That's actually a really good idea...

Any info on the speakers?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

macaronas is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 06-01-2019   #6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

Hi macaronas,
we might be the only members in the 500x thread from Greece!
Would be interested in changing the bulbs to something colder, since comparing with the daylights, headlights appear too yellow
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

grgiorgos is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 07-01-2019   #7
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Crete
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

Quote Originally Posted by grgiorgos View Post
Hi macaronas,
we might be the only members in the 500x thread from Greece!
Would be interested in changing the bulbs to something colder, since comparing with the daylights, headlights appear too yellow
Hey bro,

Nice to here we have more Greeks here...
Yeah, car came 3 days ago and its awesome!!!

Do you know what type of bulbs do we need?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

macaronas is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 09-01-2019   #8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Crete
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

So, does anyone know what type of bulbs I need for headlights and fogs?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

macaronas is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-01-2019   #9
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,239
Thanks: 76
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

These should make the headlights whiter:

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...BoCooUQAvD_BwE

For the fogs, try something similar but an H8 type. The H4 and H8 types are as specified in the handbook for my 2015 car, best to check if your new model is the same.
I'm sure you can find H4 and H8 leds online, I haven't looked as they are not road legal here in the UK. I've got the HID headlamps on my car anyway, which are very good.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

TrevC is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 10-01-2019   #10
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Crete
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
Greece 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

Quote Originally Posted by TrevC View Post
These should make the headlights whiter:

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...BoCooUQAvD_BwE

For the fogs, try something similar but an H8 type. The H4 and H8 types are as specified in the handbook for my 2015 car, best to check if your new model is the same.
I'm sure you can find H4 and H8 leds online, I haven't looked as they are not road legal here in the UK. I've got the HID headlamps on my car anyway, which are very good.
Thanks for the info mate.
Any info on the speakers? are they all 16,5cm?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

macaronas is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 11-01-2019   #11
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 1,239
Thanks: 76
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: New 500x 2019 owner...

Never taken the trim off and looked at them, I'm afraid, I just listen to them!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

TrevC is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 500x owner (hopefully) Madfish Newbie Central 1 20-10-2018 10:18
New 500x Owner Alboreto Newbie Central 2 08-08-2017 15:01