Register Login
Save up to 15% with Adrian Flux insurance!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28-09-2020   #1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Fiat 500 front jet washers

My 500s front jetwashers are not squirting properly,the passenger side works fine but the drivers just bubbles up and doesnít fire at the windscreen Iíve looked for the nozzles to stick a pin in but canít find any holes, are they easy to take off and clean. Cheers in advance for any help
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Woodsnick is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-09-2020   #2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Near the M4
Posts: 27,831
Thanks: 1087
Trader Rating: 0
varesecrazy has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 front jet washers

Lift bonnet..

Pull off the supply hose..

Let the debris-ridden fluid drain out.. then reconnect
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides


Last edited by varesecrazy; 28-09-2020 at 21:49.
varesecrazy is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 28-09-2020   #3
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Faringdon, Oxfordshire UK
Posts: 7,875
Thanks: 614
Trader Rating: 1
portland_bill has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 front jet washers

The barrel inside should have three tiny holes. Early ones the barrel was prone to coming loose and rotating a little, hiding the holes, or moving sideways out of the housing, leaving a dribble instead of a squirt.

Have a good look at it to see if the barrel is out of place. There's a screwdriver slot on the side for adjusting it, but rotating it far may make it loose. New ones are not expensive.

If the barrel will rotate and stay tight enough, turn it 180 degrees. The tiny holes outside usually have larger ones inside, where the goo collects. Turning the big holes out, then giving a squirt will often eject the goo. Then turn them back again and spend an hour adjusting them. Once happy, drive off, and find they are too low when moving. Adjust up a bit, and squirt over the roof. Always been a problem with almost every car since washers were created.
Likes Gina500 liked this post
__________________
13 years motor trade, 16 years motor industry. 16 years Driving Instructor & 9 years Fleet Trainer
Panda Alessi (2015 Skoda Fabia)
portland_bill is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-02-2021   #4
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 42
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 front jet washers

Quote Originally Posted by portland_bill View Post
The barrel inside should have three tiny holes. Early ones the barrel was prone to coming loose and rotating a little, hiding the holes, or moving sideways out of the housing, leaving a dribble instead of a squirt.

Have a good look at it to see if the barrel is out of place. There's a screwdriver slot on the side for adjusting it, but rotating it far may make it loose. New ones are not expensive.

If the barrel will rotate and stay tight enough, turn it 180 degrees. The tiny holes outside usually have larger ones inside, where the goo collects. Turning the big holes out, then giving a squirt will often eject the goo. Then turn them back again and spend an hour adjusting them. Once happy, drive off, and find they are too low when moving. Adjust up a bit, and squirt over the roof. Always been a problem with almost every car since washers were created.
Anyone know if that tiny barrel is available by itself to buy?
(and where from?)

I've also lost the driver's side one!
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Rockburner is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-02-2021   #5
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Faringdon, Oxfordshire UK
Posts: 7,875
Thanks: 614
Trader Rating: 1
portland_bill has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 front jet washers

Quote Originally Posted by Rockburner View Post
Anyone know if that tiny barrel is available by itself to buy?
(and where from?)

I've also lost the driver's side one!
You have to buy the whol thing. Not difficult to change.

It is a cheap design, and the barrel is not supposed to be adjusted much, just once really. Too much adjustment makes it loose, then it falls out. They also fall out as they age, so a replacement barrel would likely not last long.

https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=s...YaAgXQEALw_wcB
__________________
13 years motor trade, 16 years motor industry. 16 years Driving Instructor & 9 years Fleet Trainer
Panda Alessi (2015 Skoda Fabia)

Last edited by portland_bill; 15-02-2021 at 16:09.
portland_bill is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 15-02-2021   #6
Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dorset
Posts: 9,341
Thanks: 1021
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 front jet washers

They also pop out if they freeze (and the pipes are prone to splitting), so it's important to ensure there is sufficient additive in the screenwasher fluid if frosty weather is expected.
__________________


"Just 'cos you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

jrkitching is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2021   #7
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 42
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 front jet washers

Cheers - replaced it today with the new one..... now need a new scuttle cover for the passenger side wiper.... D'OH! Luckily there was one on ebay for a tenner.

Anyone know a source for the little plastic 2-piece fixings that hold the full-width scuttle cover down?
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Rockburner is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2021   #8
It's always more involved
 
John202020's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tynemouth
Posts: 4,003
Thanks: 187
Trader Rating: 0
John202020 has donated!
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 front jet washers

Quote Originally Posted by Rockburner View Post
Anyone know a source for the little plastic 2-piece fixings that hold the full-width scuttle cover down?
Ebay, plastic panel fixings only issue is there's so many to choose from, think they're 5mm
__________________
30 years of Honda Accords, now Mazda 6 and a Fiat 500
John202020 is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 19-02-2021   #9
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 front jet washers

The part number is 51761163, but shockingly expensive from Fiat. A search will give alternative suppliers tho' for more sensibly priced ones...
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Lounge lizard is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Old 22-02-2021   #10
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 42
Thanks: 1
Trader Rating: 0
United Kingdom 
Re: Fiat 500 front jet washers

Quote Originally Posted by Lounge lizard View Post
The part number is 51761163, but shockingly expensive from Fiat. A search will give alternative suppliers tho' for more sensibly priced ones...
Cheers for that.
__________________
FIAT Forum Useful Links:
Donate to FF | Buy FF Merchandise | Classifieds | FF Insurance | How-to Guides

Rockburner is offline Reply With Quote Quote 
Reply
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(T) Fiat doblo no rear wipers or washers & front washer Caricafort Other Fiats 2 18-06-2014 10:51
(G) Jet washers broke WHAT A TIME TO BREAK!! corky Punto (Mk2/2b) 7 05-12-2012 23:46
(G) can havin no jet washers fail mot? kevincox1987 Punto (Mk2/2b) 16 13-03-2009 07:40