Currently reading:
General Would you recommend a Bravo 1.9D 150 SPORT 5DR

Would you recommend someobe buying a Fiat Bravo 1.9 MULTIJET 150 SPORT 5DR

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Yes but the dynamic has dual zone climate control as standard. Best thing to do is test one and see if you are happy with it. By the time the weekends out i will have clocked over 2000 miles since last friday, I feel ok but my spine would prefer a bit more comfort :p

Get some abarth seats, Sooooo comfy :D also help with the harder suspension. Seats seem to make a lot of difference! :D

I only do 12k a year but my 12 mile daily commute is 95% motorway.
I guess I will only know by testing both..

You've answered the Q.

A diesel has to match circumstances - & at 12K/a & 12 mile daily in a 1.9/150 you'd be driving a time-bomb.

Get the 2.0 165T, a newer and more refined engine, more powerful as standard and more economic. Take the DPF stories with a pinch of salt. I don't do high mileage and never had an issue with it to date. Just give it a good run at weekends and don't drive it like a pensioner. The drive is fantastic and plenty of power to put down, great fun to drive :)

Last edited:
12 miles a day shouldn't do a DPF any harm in my experience. As long as the car gets upto temp.

Absolutely. I run mine in and out to work each day 30 miles return and no problems whatsoever, and that's on back roads. My average speed is around 30mph according to the cars computer.

As long as it gets 10 mins to do the generation once its up to temperature, or you let it sit on the drive while its doing the regen it should be fine.

+ I get company paid diesel, but not petrol.. So for that as the main reason - it must be diesel.

Why is that in your opinion?

authorityAn accepted source of expert information or advice, such as a book or person. A quotation or citation from such a source used in defence or support of one’s actions, opinions, or the like. An expert in a given field. Power to influence or persuade resulting from knowledge or experience. An authorative statement or decision that provides adequate grounds for a course of action or that may be taken as a precedent.

I tend to agree with Dirty Harry on opinions – unless they’re adequatedly backed-up by authority.
There’s no shortage of authorities on how short-runs & low mileage is fatal to diesel engines.
Check them out.

authorityAn accepted source of expert information or advice, such as a book or person. A quotation or citation from such a source used in defence or support of one’s actions, opinions, or the like. An expert in a given field. Power to influence or persuade resulting from knowledge or experience. An authorative statement or decision that provides adequate grounds for a course of action or that may be taken as a precedent.

I tend to agree with Dirty Harry on opinions – unless they’re adequatedly backed-up by authority.
There’s no shortage of authorities on how short-runs & low mileage is fatal to diesel engines.
Check them out.

So where am I looking for this Authority :confused:

So where am I looking for this Authority :confused:

I did 17,500 miles a year in my previous 1.6 jtd MiTo, mainly A and B road driving at national speed limit for good distances each day. The DPF light was coming on frequently. However now at the moment I only live 5 miles from work and drive the 2.0 mjet. With a 10 mile round trip a day the car does just get up to temp. and the DPF light never comes on. I believe that giving it a run at the weekend prevents the filter becoming blocked. I also have an oil and filter change about every 10k miles. I know that the car is designed for higher mileage but I have experienced more problems with my previous diesel doing higher mileage. How does that work then?

Like I said, take DPF stories with a pinch of salt.

I did 17,500 miles a year in my previous 1.6 jtd MiTo, mainly A and B road driving at national speed limit for good distances each day. The DPF light was coming on frequently. However now at the moment I only live 5 miles from work and drive the 2.0 mjet. With a 10 mile round trip a day the car does just get up to temp. and the DPF light never comes on. I believe that giving it a run at the weekend prevents the filter becoming blocked. I also have an oil and filter change about every 10k miles. I know that the car is designed for higher mileage but I have experienced more problems with my previous diesel doing higher mileage. How does that work then?

Like I said, take DPF stories with a pinch of salt.

With that said the 1.9 mjet 150 sport doesn't have a DPF so he shouldn't be too worried

With that said the 1.9 mjet 150 sport doesn't have a DPF ...

What’s the reasoning behind that?
The Euro 5 standard came in as of 2009 – but it’s known that DPFs were fitted to 1.9 engines from Euro 4 in 2005.

What’s the reasoning behind that?
The Euro 5 standard came in as of 2009 – but it’s known that DPFs were fitted to 1.9 engines from Euro 4 in 2005.

You are absolutely correct the Fiat 1.9 has been fitted with a DPF for a good number of years. The 120bhp Doblo has it, albeit its not as in your face as with the Bravo as there is no dedicated warning light for it.

Back