Off Topic Which car have you owned/driven proved the closest to the Fiat 500 ?

Currently reading:
Off Topic Which car have you owned/driven proved the closest to the Fiat 500 ?

For me it was my first mk1 fiat uno 1.3 turbo bags of character and fun just like the 500(y):)

One of the 500 models that I had not put in the 'boiling pot' was the MJ & the MJ II.

I have no real experience of an Uno except for a basic one that the mother-in-law had where someone but diesel into it and it was a petrol and it was never the same afterwards. I learned from this car that it was not advisable to buy the basic interior because they didn't last as long as the car (aside from the wrong fuel being put in).

I looked up the spec on the 925kg Uno turbo and got varying bhp where the 1.3 engine size changed to 1372cc. One site quoted 127bhp ! Fiat learned a lot about turbocharging in the 90s using the IHI turbo which is the most commonly used one today for them.

So I'm going to squeeze it into the 'revised' short list...

Fiat 127 Sport
Classic Fiat 500
Classic Mini / Cooper 1275
Classic Ford Ka
Rover 200 /25
Uno turbo

as a self confessed VW fanboy (i make no apology) based on the reviews of the up i sense the GT Up will be in the running as the replacement for the 500

frankfurt-2011-volkswagen-gt-up-concept-live-photos_9.jpg

not every ones cup of tea but lightweight luke warmish hatch would do me

as a self confessed VW fanboy (i make no apology) based on the reviews of the up i sense the GT Up will be in the running as the replacement for the 500
not every ones cup of tea but lightweight luke warmish hatch would do me

This car doesn't quality since you haven't owned or driven it. :)

Popped into a 'local' dealership and came across a Fiat 850 (renamed Abarth 1000). My first car was a Fiat 850 and to see the transformation that this car underwent was quite amazing.

When I sat into the bucket seats it reminded me 'a bit' of my old car. To change into 3rd & 4th gear involved moving your leg since the gearbox was all setup for the LHD. This car had all round disc brakes, a radiator was plumbed to the front, oil coiler and countless other mods that I couldn't see. It felt 'right sized' the same as the current day 500.

There isn't an airbag in sight but at least it had a 4 point harness and a roll cage.:)

Attachments

• IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1453.JPG
    IMG_1453.JPG
    284.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1454.JPG
    IMG_1454.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1455.JPG
    IMG_1455.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
2 late entries.

FIAT 127, my first car and one of my favourites. Burgandy red, velour interior, ICE was a walkman hooked to a 12v amp I found. My little FIAT was destroyed by an idiot in an Audi 100 driving head into me. The FIAT was damaged but repairable, the brand new Audi was written off. Tough little car.

Odd addition, my 1977 VW Camper. Just for the smile it puts on my face every-time I see or drive it. (y)

I have however worn a dress which made me feel a bit girly and gay in the same way that a FIAT 500 does

Lol! :D
I've never worn a dress... did your friends like it?

After it was brought to our attention your attempts at budget snow tyres the thoughts would be too much :p. If 'on the other hand' you drove a 500 you might be tempted.;)

That thread was amazing. I'm new to this section so I missed it... All those people asking whether it was serious or not. Why does it matter?

Personally I think we all need to exercise more common sense in our everyday lives and learn to recognise when something is a good idea or a bad idea. If your car was stuck at the bottom of a snowy slope and you happened to have four space saver tyres, surely you would think about some ideas like this - imagine you need to get someone to a doctor, etc. Or maybe you wouldn't, maybe you would play it safe and wait for someone else to do something. Either way it's an idea, nothing more, nothing less. It's up to the individual to make a judgement. Otherwise soon we'll need disclaimers on every Internet post and ISPs will provide public liability insurance :bang:

For me it was my first mk1 fiat uno 1.3 turbo bags of character and fun just like the 500(y):)

Aha, I have one of those. :)
It will be interesting to see the difference in dimensions between an Uno and a 500.

-Alex

Lol! :D
I've never worn a dress... did your friends like it?

.....I'm new to this section so I missed it...

We just about managed to keep this thread 'on the rails'.

Aha, I have one of those. :)
It will be interesting to see the difference in dimensions between an Uno and a 500.

2 late entries.

FIAT 127, my first car and one of my favourites...

I've stretched the 127 category and firmed up on the Uno. Temporarily added the Fiat 850. After getting into the Fiat 850 Abarth it genuinely reminded me of the 500 and sitting beside the modern day Fiat 500 it felt a better 'choice' than the original 500.:confused:

Fiat 127 / Fiat 127 Sport
Classic Fiat 500
Classic Mini / Cooper 1275
Classic Ford Ka
Rover 200 /25
Uno turbo
Fiat 850

Back