Technical Noise from the back of the car Fiat 500

Currently reading:
Technical Noise from the back of the car Fiat 500

Danny2

Hi,
1-After hours of searching and not finding the proper solution, I'm here. :). My Fiat 500 1.2 (60k miles-2015), started to make noise from the rear end, I changed the shock absorber (bushes and the shock, both failed). Now it is still making noise different from before, I've swapped the shock absorber. and springs with each other, but nothing. Could be the axle bushes?? (even though the sound is very different, it is like something hitting up when going over a small or uneven surface)
2- This is not the only problem, the front spring broke so I ordered them, but when I opened it I realised the strut had failed as well. So waiting for all the replacement parts. Should I change the lower control arm? It is still solid but it looks lower than the bushes, how do I know if is it bad? I did alignment a few times but the car is still not going straight, so maybe it's better to change them.
Thanks for any suggestion or solution, the rear-end noise is making me mad. I have more issues, but let's solve these first. 😅

Springs sat in there seats correctly especially if the rear shocks have been removed and the axle hung free
Yeah I checked properly they are sitting in against the thing that stop them from rotating.

Honestly yes replace everything on the front if you're keeping the car
Take everything out of the boot to rule it out, not the exhaust is it?
I’ll try and check if there is anything loose. I think it comes mostly from the other side not the silencer one. I’m waiting for the parts to come. Any recommendations for shock absorbers and Lowe arm fitting. Do I need preload the lower arm before tightening? And what about the shock absorber, do I need to on riding height before tightening to the disc part? And what are the tourque setting?

I didn't pre load it before tightening hasn't made any difference given how tight it is to get the arm in I doubt it would make a difference
I created a guide on how to replace
Shocks any good make you can get some QH for about £70 the pair I used Sachs and Monroe springs Lemforder top mounts, after about 5 years something makes a noise but I can't find it but annoys me over speed humps.
Can be difficult to remove the bumper if it's not been off
Top cup torque I just tightened as far as I could as you need to hold the central shaft?

I’ll try and check if there is anything loose. I think it comes mostly from the other side not the silencer one. I’m waiting for the parts to come. Any recommendations for shock absorbers and Lowe arm fitting. Do I need preload the lower arm before tightening? And what about the shock absorber, do I need to on riding height before tightening to the disc part? And what are the tourque setting?
I preloaded, probably done it wrong with measuring the centre of the hub to the top of wheel arch, whilst on the ground

Swapped over then jacked it up (scary because I used wood which I’m sure was bending) until I got the gap to be the same as before.

There’s probably an official measurement to do but cba to find it

@Danoid @John202020
Today I’ve changed the lower arm, shock, spring and tie road. it wasn’t easy at all, hopefully I have an impact wrench so it made easier for the strut and few bolts, but still few bolt didn’t come right away. Thanks for the guide it helped. I preloaded them but it won’t make a big difference for lower arm.

Our main problem now, I can hear the noises from back even more, I’ve checked everything from the bottom and it looks fine. I took everything out from the boot and the bump sound is there. The noise just start on a little bit uneven surface.

Yeah, I’ve already checked that, they were a little loose like the older one, but when mounted they are tight enough. Could be the spring? Even though it looks like something banging.

Back