002.JPG

Panda (Classic) wanting to lower my 92 panda

Introduction

this is how my panda (Pablo) is looking at the moment, though you guys might want to see sorry its taken so long to get a picture up of him!
1609568_711433235556310_1769533176_n.jpg

hi every one! now on the hunt for a complete wiper motor and linkage for my panda the little think to hold the wiper on has been striped of all its splines, I need the hole lot is there is any one with one or can point me in the right direction that would be great! its my daily car so im pretty stuffed with out it

hello again! its been a while since I have been on the forum, I must admit its take a while to get to grips with it! anyway my fiat is running great at the moment he has been given the name Pablo I feel it suits him nicely! he gets driven daily and runs great im very pleased with him! I am looking for some new wheels for him, I have never been very keen on the ones he has on, I was thinking of putting 14inch wheels on him do these run ok not to big? feel they will fill the wheel arch a little better! and if any one could suggest some nice racy looking wheels that aren't to over the top and in keeping with the car that would be great!

hi guys thank for all the help on the subject of lowering the panda, he is now sat 40mm lower :D went out in him today and something is rubbing some where when going over bumps, cant quite put my finger on what is rubbing where though wondered if any one else had, had this problem or now how to sort it? or do I need to just drive slower? .... also If I am using the forum wrong in anyway I apologise im still leaning please feel free to correct me!

wanting to lower my 92 panda can any one help point me in the diection of a lowering kit for it or something along those lines not really wanting to cut the springs

this is my car as it is now
crashing over pot holes is just what Panda's do, you won't acheive GP levels of ride comfort ever.

Perhaps the dead body in my boot is compensating... -- but I actually have to disagree with this. Apart from those down Palio's way, we have some of the most pockmarked, crumbling, corrugated, holed roads in the country. :mad:

The Punto has brand-new 'stock' (sorry, Most Easterly Pandas) suspension (everything: from springs and shocks to track-rod ends, ARB bushes, etc.), and now deals with things a whole load better.... The Mk3 Panda has just had new springs on the front (as the ones that FIAT fitted just happened to be of different sizes...) -- but still jiggles and unsettles all too easily. :(

Maybe I'm just fortunate, but the ride in Pippin (new shocks and springs) is a revelation for such a tiny, lightweight car -- and at least as good as the Mk3, if not better. It also doesn't rattle or creak as much as the Punto does (which is half Pippin's age...)! (y)

I know this is all immensely subjective: but, as a qualified crash-test dummy, with an artificial spine (that's so sensitive it could easily be used to measure the thickness of paper under the tyres, let alone lateral G-forces...), I'm immensely pleased with Pippin's 'ride'. I only hope Betty's is of the same quality.... :rolleyes:

more weight = more suitable for the shocks = better ride.

You need to eat more pies, young man! Once you attain the Adonis-like qualities of CLS and I, you'll easily have a better ride...! :D

PS: Next time I see you, we should try out each other's 750s. I think you may be just a tad surprised at the difference.... :)

Last edited:
Didge3 said:
I seem to remember you saying you've got adjustable shocks on your Cinq? And it rides pretty well despite that its lowered. Cinq can't weigh much more than a Panda...
Aye, well on my sei not my cinq actually but same difference really. It has spax 40mm springs and matching spax adjustable shocks set to really quite soft. Comfy as you like :) A sporting cento weighs around 750kg, a 999cc one a bit less - they are actually smaller than panda's if you park one next to a panda (i was suprized by this i must admit) but i dunno how much a panda weighs; i guess depends on engine as well.
In general lowering any car and using new stock shocks results in a reasonable ride, just the shocks don't last as long as they do at stock height, especially if you go more 40mm or more lower, my spax ones are shortened to match the springs..

Aye, well on my sei not my cinq actually but same difference really. It has spax 40mm springs and matching spax adjustable shocks set to really quite soft. Comfy as you like :) A sporting cento weighs around 750kg, a 999cc one a bit less - they are actually smaller than panda's if you park one next to a panda (i was suprized by this i must admit) but i dunno how much a panda weighs; i guess depends on engine as well.
In general lowering any car and using new stock shocks results in a reasonable ride, just the shocks don't last as long as they do at stock height, especially if you go more 40mm or more lower, my spax ones are shortened to match the springs..
The Panda weighs without fuel or a driver 690kg, Spax don't do shocks for the Panda but maybe I ought to look for a different brand that are adjustable?
If it wasn't raining I might be arsed to go and look at the wear on my stock shocks...

sure there will some kit out there, somewhere... There must be some people in the panda section that have made fast panda's with decent suspension mods, not something i ever looked into for a panda. Quick search just now though and i see koni make some adjustable rear shocks but not front. these

now you just need to find some adjustable fronts

thank you very much for all the help guys given me something to think about and to who ever said it was rare I did fined that out the other week and I will try and keep it original with a few little twicks nothing to over the top :)

just remember to keep everything you swap off it ;)

i plan to get my 4x4 sisley to original factory condition (with official Fiat extras).

im just 2 doors, a roof rack, respraying the original wheels, and a respray away. :D

oh and paint over all the yellow paint under the car with black paint :D

one day....

hi guys thank you for all the help on the subject of lowering my panda, it is not sat 40mm lower :D went out for the first time in it today and something when going over a bump is just catching slightly, don't know if any one else has had this problem and know how to sort it? or do I need to drive slower? (y)

ah glad u got it done (y)
pictures pleeaaasseee :D
that catching could be anything really. can u tell where abouts on the car the sound is coming from? best way is just to get it up of axle stands and have a look around for any rubbing marks ect.

Last edited:
Could be your exhaust hanging a bit low, goes over the top of the back axle but if you've lowered the car that axle is now sitting higher and may bump the bottom. Probably get it more when you're turning right if that's the noise.

Last edited:
think you have got it spot on there! is there some way of stopping it? and im fitting a mk2 small bumper golf splitter to Pablo tonight with a mate any tips coz I know you have one on yours (y)

think you have got it spot on there! is there some way of stopping it? and im fitting a mk2 small bumper golf splitter to Pablo tonight with a mate any tips coz I know you have one on yours (y)
I'll let you know just as soon as I've cured mine;) Suspect it's just the exhaust rubbers getting tired, never did it before and Grumbleweed's been low for a long time. Splitter is astonishingly easy. I just drilled the bottom lip of the bumper where the mounting holes are on the splitter and bolted through. The only fiddly bits are the ends where the lip runs out on the bottom of the bumper, I tried to drill through both as inconspicuously as possible and used a tie wrap but see what you can do, mine's not the neatest there.

Back