002.JPG

Panda (Classic) wanting to lower my 92 panda

Introduction

this is how my panda (Pablo) is looking at the moment, though you guys might want to see sorry its taken so long to get a picture up of him!
1609568_711433235556310_1769533176_n.jpg

hi every one! now on the hunt for a complete wiper motor and linkage for my panda the little think to hold the wiper on has been striped of all its splines, I need the hole lot is there is any one with one or can point me in the right direction that would be great! its my daily car so im pretty stuffed with out it

hello again! its been a while since I have been on the forum, I must admit its take a while to get to grips with it! anyway my fiat is running great at the moment he has been given the name Pablo I feel it suits him nicely! he gets driven daily and runs great im very pleased with him! I am looking for some new wheels for him, I have never been very keen on the ones he has on, I was thinking of putting 14inch wheels on him do these run ok not to big? feel they will fill the wheel arch a little better! and if any one could suggest some nice racy looking wheels that aren't to over the top and in keeping with the car that would be great!

hi guys thank for all the help on the subject of lowering the panda, he is now sat 40mm lower :D went out in him today and something is rubbing some where when going over bumps, cant quite put my finger on what is rubbing where though wondered if any one else had, had this problem or now how to sort it? or do I need to just drive slower? .... also If I am using the forum wrong in anyway I apologise im still leaning please feel free to correct me!

wanting to lower my 92 panda can any one help point me in the diection of a lowering kit for it or something along those lines not really wanting to cut the springs

this is my car as it is now
Get some 40mm lowering springs from SPAX, Check the condition of your shock absorbers though or better yet replace them with new ones as lowering springs will put more wear on them.

Oh and prepare yourself for a bone shattering ride (y)

umm twin sunnys. very nice panda (y)

best route without masses of custom work is to use lowering springs as produced by companies like Sprax and PI. search "panda 141 lowering springs" on ebay and they should appear. ofcourse if you do this some stiffer shocks may be required also. these can be found via KYB and bilstine (b4s i think)

if you want serious lows then cutting the sprigs is probs your best option and iver seen someone making his own coil overs and using quid bike parts on the rear.

as far as i know no one makes a dedicated kit for the panda. all the is off the shelf are shocks and the lowering springs.

been thinking of doing this myself so ill c how u get on ;)

You bought the Panda Sky! Well done, that's been up for sale for a while. Glad it's found a new home (y) hopefully your aware how rare that car is? Lowering it will be fine as it can easily be reversed in the future but I'd be careful to keep it as original as possible as that car will be worth good money in a few years if you keep it in good nick (y)

Only 12 left and 6 of those on sorn :eek:

Hi, Fitted Pi springs to Grumbleweed with standard shocks which I'm pretty pleased with, Ride's not bad at all. Have the advantage of being a fair chunk cheaper than SPAX too:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-PAND...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4611273f50
KYB do gas shocks which you can fit....if you must. I did, however one of the front struts gave up the ghost very quickly so I wouldn't go that route again. Bilstein do them too and supposed to be very good, but really quite pricey.
If you do see Lesjofors springs about, I fitted & hated those too!
Lovely looking car there by the way(y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Or here's mine. For a splitter all you need to know is the bottom of the bumper pretty closely follows the shape of the Mk2 Golf (pre 'big bumper' facelift) which opens up some options.

You bought the Panda Sky! Well done, that's been up for sale for a while. Glad it's found a new home (y) hopefully your aware how rare that car is? Lowering it will be fine as it can easily be reversed in the future but I'd be careful to keep it as original as possible as that car will be worth good money in a few years if you keep it in good nick (y)

Only 12 left and 6 of those on sorn :eek:

Jamie's right.....this is a rare car. I think they did it in another colour as well.

The bumpers and interior will be irreplaceable. Keep it in good nick and it will be worth alot more soon. You live in Scotland then??...I remember when the car was sold five years ago. It doubled in value with the next owner.

Hi, Fitted Pi springs to Grumbleweed with standard shocks which I'm pretty pleased with, Ride's not bad at all. Have the advantage of being a fair chunk cheaper than SPAX too:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-PAND...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4611273f50
KYB do gas shocks which you can fit....if you must. I did, however one of the front struts gave up the ghost very quickly so I wouldn't go that route again. Bilstein do them too and supposed to be very good, but really quite pricey.
If you do see Lesjofors springs about, I fitted & hated those too!
Lovely looking car there by the way(y)

I'd second this when I got a ride in Grumbleweed he rode pretty well on the PI springs. My cars on Spax springs doesn't ride any better so not much point in spending more

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I would say mine on spax springs just about rides tolerably. on really broken surfaces its pretty pants.
Mine is fine on motorways, but really crashes about if you hit a pothole or bump. I can even feel the drops into drain covers on the roads...
I'm debating getting some 'sportier' shocks that are designed to cope with the lowering to see if its any comfier? :confused:

crashing over pot holes is just what Panda's do, you won't acheive GP levels of ride comfort ever.

Just think of it as a mini rollercoaster ride each time you drive it - mind you they are smoother than a panda.

You could try adding a bit more weight to car - bag of sand in the boot, full tank of fuel, passenger.

My dad swore by the bag of sand in the back of the SD1!

crashing over pot holes is just what Panda's do, you won't acheive GP levels of ride comfort ever.

Just think of it as a mini rollercoaster ride each time you drive it - mind you they are smoother than a panda.

You could try adding a bit more weight to car - bag of sand in the boot, full tank of fuel, passenger.

My dad swore by the bag of sand in the back of the SD1!
When I have a boot full of stuff it genuinely rides better, I'd drive around with old computers (of which I have lots) in the boot all the time if it didn't blunt my performance so much.... :eek:

I'm debating getting some 'sportier' shocks that are designed to cope with the lowering to see if its any comfier? :confused:

Its unscientific but I always felt the shock absorbers available for Pandas are much too stiff in compression and that sports shocks are even worse in this regard. After all its a light car so doesn't have much mass to compress a shock absorber. Push down on a corner of a Panda and its no wonder they ride badly as the shock absorbers are so damn stiff.

Glad i'm not the only one who thinks that. I always felt that it was abit of a taboo round here to mention the Pandas/Y10 pretty ropey ride quality

Its unscientific but I always felt the shock absorbers available for Pandas are much too stiff in compression and that sports shocks are even worse in this regard. After all its a light car so doesn't have much mass to compress a shock absorber. Push down on a corner of a Panda and its no wonder they ride badly as the shock absorbers are so damn stiff.

I don't expect it to ride as good as my Punto did, I just want it to be less crashy. Today I had about 70kg off stuff in my boot, rides a lot better, much less crashy although a bit bouncy over crests and such. It does stay true to the too stiff shocks though, more weight = more suitable for the shocks = better ride.

blu73 I seem to remember you saying you've got adjustable shocks on your Cinq? And it rides pretty well despite that its lowered. Cinq can't weigh much more than a Panda...

EDIT: I really ought to get in a Panda with a standard suspension to compare it with mine, I haven't been driven or driven a Panda with standard suspension since I was about 9 years old...

Last edited:
Back