General Sound of my punto.

Currently reading:
General Sound of my punto.

The sound of my car is pretty normal, doesn't sound much since it's a 1.2, specially with it being an 8v, just wondered if there was any way to make the car sound more sporty, without making it sound chavvy (you know the general type)
It's a 2008 model.
Thanks,
Josh <3

induction kits add a nice sound to it and also boost performance slightly i believe?? you'll have to look it up tho, arent 100%.

What kind of price range am I looking at there then?
And what brands, because I've been looking on this website before I joined, and a lot of people have advised to stay away from K and N which was my first choice.

Dont forget that if you add something to the sound, people except it to have some speed in it as well, which it obviously doesnt have 1.2L.. hihi (i got a 2008 GP 1.2 as well)

Yeah I know, 96mph top speed ;)
And I've already had a look at the insurance with an induction kit and a performance exhaust and online it says it would increase it by a few hundred quid, but i can't see it being that much since its not exterior and won't be damaged if I was in a crash.

I'm glad we don't have such crazy rules in The Netherlands, you can do what you cant what you want (within legal acceptance), without the insurance changing.

Yeah I know, 96mph top speed ;)
And I've already had a look at the insurance with an induction kit and a performance exhaust and online it says it would increase it by a few hundred quid, but i can't see it being that much since its not exterior and won't be damaged if I was in a crash.

I think you maybe forgetting (or ignoring?) the element of … `risk’

You’re 16 with a 58 1.2/8v GP & already wanting to buy it new handbag & shoes. Chances are, that sometime shortly you will (not if) crash your car - & many an InsCo wouldn’t want the risk … & tell you to Foxtrot Oscar.

Q. If you’ve been quoted £4K for insurance pre-test with (presumably) someone restraining you from the left-hand seat – then what will your insurance be post-test when you go solo?

A. …………………?

----------------
There are old pilots & bold pilots – but no old bold pilots.
Hamilton Lee, AirMail pilot (1949)

It's 4000 post test, 1700 pre, I can see your point. Personally I can't see myself crashing and it may seem stupid me saying that, but I'm not the stereotypical modifier. I wouldn't rev the nuts off the car and show off, I'd much prefer for the car to look nice. which it does, and sound nice, which it doesn't at the moment, speed doesn't really bother me since most places have a slower speed limit these days.
Fair enough, chances are I would go to a meet, whether it be car/make specific, or a general meet, but I wouldn't be the kind of person to be doing reverse doughnuts to get some attention.
Thanks for refreshing my memory though about that, completely forgot about the consequences IF I do crash. I can imagine the insco's being really tight on trying to get another policy.
After hearing all this I might just stick to the car as it is, stick a replacement filter on rather then an induction kit, don't know if they do the same thing. Or if it changes the sound of the car, at least that way I don't need to notify the insurance company (hopefully). And get a backbox, if not a full system (I've checked the premiums with a modification and it only changed by around 50 pounds)

These insurance qoutes seem ridiculously high?? i brought my 1.2 GP 08 plate when i was 17 after i passed my test, the insurance was 1100 first year, 1200 second year and now ive just paid 950 for third year, and next year they claim it'll drop another 20% because ill be 21 with 3 years NCB (hopefuly) although im selling up and getting a 1.4 T-jet 120 bhp before christmas, but still the insurance quotes on them with 2 years NCB at 20 yrs old is still 1100 :S
ps. my 1.2 is completely standard apart from a few carbon fibre effect trims which dont add to insurance :)

Haha, Ian, I don't think I'd be seen dead using one of them. :p
An yeah Hinksy everything that I've looked at seems high, but ive only looked on the Internet at compare sites, but my friends have cars and their insurance was around 1500 pounds which I think is a realistic amount, because you can always get mor done over the phone and you can always haggle. We'll see when it comes to insure :p

**** insurance for induction kits lol , just rip them off if you ever have a bump .. its not hard :rolleyes:
You for real?

This is presuming you can actually get out of your car after an accident - and believe me, if someone crashed into me and jumped out, opened the bonnet and ripped off their kit, I would make sure I had witnesses and recorded the whole lot for insurance fraud :rolleyes:

Not hard, don't make me laugh - bad bad advice (n)

Just a few questions to ask, after being informed a little.
1) Can fiat parts, (even if it's abarth) be fitted to my car, without the insurance knowing + my warranty being voided.
2) What does a replacement filter do to sound, if anything?

Back