General Looking for name of a specific part

Currently reading:
General Looking for name of a specific part

Caino94

Hi, Sorry if this is posted on the wrong thread.

I was driving home tonight and heard some rattling and it appears to be underneath the car and I assume it is the black thing on the picture underneath but pretty hard to be 100% since its dark but seems to be only held currently with 1 bolt and scrapping the floor at lower speeds. I am trying to find out what this part is called and how screwed I am if I keep driving without it (I'd remove the bolt tomorrow)
1710187238770.png

Thanks in advance

Chances are it’ll just be a plastic undertray come loose, clips or screws broken or just come undone. If you can undo the remaining screws or clips take it off as a temporary measure. Failing that you can often put a zip tie through the mounting holes to hold it back up, again as a temporary measure

Chances are it’ll just be a plastic undertray come loose, clips or screws broken or just come undone. If you can undo the remaining screws or clips take it off as a temporary measure. Failing that you can often put a zip tie through the mounting holes to hold it back up, again as a temporary measure

Thanks for that! The scrapping does sound like plastic so hopefully a cheap replacement too!

Doubt it’ll need a whole new tray, it’ll just need new clips or screws. If you’re not too worried about the car just leave it off, very rare they’re vital, just a bit of extra protection when driving thru puddles etc. Only problem i tend to find when i remove them is i notice oil leaks previously hidden! 🤣

Back