Someone Rear-Ended me

Currently reading:
Someone Rear-Ended me

Oh dear!

Good luck with this - I'd say use the legal cover (if it's free). I was crashed into (fully comp) and had to use the legal cover to sue the driver that crashed into my parked car - took a year of haggling and court dates to get my money back - and then I only got cost of parts :bang:

Yes the insurance comapny will try and screw you for every last drop of blood pound of flesh and penny. That's if you are lucky!

That was via one of the big name insurers :cry:

I really do hope you have better luck than me, just keep ringing them until it gets sorted, make lots of noise.

That was via one of the big name insurers :cry:

I really do hope you have better luck than me, just keep ringing them until it gets sorted, make lots of noise.

The other party's insurer finally caved in, after being badgered by a very belligerent lawyer! The at-fault insurer tried every trick in the book, and used every excuse NOT to pay up. The little sods squealed at every detail ... you had to see it to believe it :eek:! To cut a long story short, I got my money back ... every last penny!

My insurers were slack beyond belief. Their attitude was: "The other party is at fault, and as you are 3rd party we have nothing to do with it". They didn't explain anything to me, and I wasn't sure how to proceed! They didn't tell me anything ... it was really unprofessional. I phoned them up one day, and this is how I was greeted:

CLAIMS DEPARTMENT :mad:
(imagine Waynetta Slob).

She was uncooperative, and I hung up. I had the misfortune of getting through to her again, and I hung up, again! My insurers were awful ... I wasn't even claiming off my policy! As a result of my experience, I have closed ALL of my policies with them.

I would like to thank everyone who gave me support, and shed light on a very unfair claims system. This is what happens when "fairness" has to defer to shareholders and profit! This whole "adventure" was caused by a careless old woman, who tried to blame me.

Bye for now

Last edited:
The other party's insurer finally caved in, after being badgered by a very belligerent lawyer! The at-fault insurer tried every trick in the book, and used every excuse NOT to pay up. The little sods squealed at every detail ... you had to see it to believe it :eek:! To cut a long story short, I got my money back ... every last penny!

My insurers were slack beyond belief. Their attitude was: "The other party is at fault, and as you are 3rd party we have nothing to do with it". They didn't explain anything to me, and I wasn't sure how to proceed! They didn't tell me anything ... it was really unprofessional. I phoned them up one day, and this is how I was greeted:

(imagine Waynetta Slob).

She was uncooperative, and I hung up. I had the misfortune of getting through to her again, and I hung up, again! My insurers were awful ... I wasn't even claiming off my policy! As a result of my experience, I have closed ALL of my policies with them.

I would like to thank everyone who gave me support, and shed light on a very unfair claims system. This is what happens when "fairness" has to defer to shareholders and profit! This whole "adventure" was caused by a careless old woman, who tried to blame me.

Bye for now

Who were you insured with?

TBH had you paid for their assistance in a claim like this when you took your policy out?

Who were you insured with?

TBH had you paid for their assistance in a claim like this when you took your policy out?

Yes, but my insurers didn't explain the process at all. When I phoned my insurers they casually mentioned the name of the law company, and asked if I wanted their number ... as if it was optional. They didn't say: "The lawyer deals with every detail from this point onwards, so phone them, and they will put everything into action" ... they told me nothing! Remember, this was my first accident, and my first insurance claim :eek:. I thought that my insurer would have put some kind of effort into it!

I don't wish to name the insurer ... yet!

Last edited:
Back