Relocating to the Midlands

Currently reading:
Relocating to the Midlands

That's Grantham. (n)

My daughter studied at Lincoln and loves the place but she's on foot and it is a nice town. But 10 mins drive out of town and there is very not much.

my friends sister lived near the river when that happend her whole bath got filled with sewerage :eek: :yuck:

One of my pals runs a riding stables Just north of Tewksbury. They could not move back home for over a year. They lost a few horses too. :(

With the M5 closed on the saturday morning, (I had no idea why) I got into Worcester (via Kidderminster) and wanted to cross the river towards Hereford. Water was already slopping over the flood wall and police had closed all roads except Kidder and M5 north. Shortly after that the town centre just filled up.

Down in the Taf Valley above Cardiff an uprooted tree hit an 8" gas main running along a bridge well above the arches. It shattered the main and there was huge alert for the fire & explosion risk. 100 yards below that bridge a 6ft high weir looked about 2ft high with so much water going over.

Last edited:
That's Grantham. (n)

My daughter studied at Lincoln and loves the place but she's on foot and it is a nice town. But 10 mins drive out of town and there is very not much.

I agree with you on that one. I live in Bardney which is 10 miles outside of Lincoln. It is a nicy City though!

Back