Technical Power problem audio

Currently reading:
Technical Power problem audio

marga

Hi,

I have 2 problems with my radio / power. Don't know anything about cars, but eager to learn. Please help me :)

1. While driving on the freeway suddenly all power on the radio went dead for a few seconds. Don't know about power to the console below it (heath) because it turned on again by itself very quickly. It was definitely the power.
What could cause this. Hasn't happend again after that.
Do I need to visit my garage for this? I'm afraid other power (like steering) will fail too. Or are they not connected at all?

2. For months now, when I turn up volume via the steering wheel when it reaches a certaing point it goes mute. Then starts from 1 again.
What could cause this?

Could both problems be related?

Do I need to visit the garage for this?

Should I be worried other tech in the car will start to fail? (if one plug is loose out/ why not more of them)

Please advise me.

Thanks!

Nobody who know what could cause this?

Hi Mate, my stereo has exactly the same problem.

It's very intermittent. Usually when I'm under rev-cing the car, I couldn't find any fault in my wiring nor setup in general, ditto with no problem with fuse.

Unfortunately that's as far as I got, it didn't cut out again until a good 1 month.

If you find a solution, let me know.

Do you have an after market stereo?

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know what you mean by after market stereo sorry (I'm not from the UK).

The stereo / cd is the one that came with the car :)

It's a 2007 model.

I'm a bit of a hypochondriac car-wise. Afraid that when the radio gets no power, the rest of the car will be next and that worries me a bit :(
Became this way after driving down a hill on the freeway with failing brakes (not this car).... so total car failing is not a great idea to me. If all power fails will the breaks still work?

Back