Technical Problem with T jet

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with T jet

Antedz

Hi I have recently bought a fiat punto 1.4 t jet 2009 and it had a seriously bad vibration whilst driving and I changed the lower arm top mount and track rods my driver side driveshaft and the whole suspension and shocks it’s abit lower than standard it was fine for a couple days but it’s started vibrating again and I don’t know what else I need to do to fix it can anyone help me

Hi I have recently bought a fiat punto 1.4 t jet 2009 and it had a seriously bad vibration whilst driving and I changed the lower arm top mount and track rods my driver side driveshaft and the whole suspension and shocks it’s abit lower than standard it was fine for a couple days but it’s started vibrating again and I don’t know what else I need to do to fix it can anyone help me
Try putting front wheels on back, if that works then look for damaged wheel/tyre or wheels badly out of balance.
If it makes no difference check for damaged CV joint on drive shafts, though usually the will knock and worse turning one way than the other.

Hi I have recently bought a fiat punto 1.4 t jet 2009,

it’s abit lower than standard it was fine for a couple days but it’s started vibrating again and I don’t know what else I need to do to fix it can anyone help me
The GP 199 platform is actually quite a tall car (my 2012 was described as 'on stilts')

Back when they were massive sellers 2008/12 there were lots of lowered ones on here, and CVs were a common failure ( they are designed to work in a specific arc of movement) shifting the range of arc really stresses them
(I suspect CorsaD will be a good thing for comparison, did they have fixes on the Vaux / Opel forums?)

I recommended back then the motor sport style ' plunge joints', where the drive shaft floats a little to give the joints an easier time, expensive though..

Try putting front wheels on back, if that works then look for damaged wheel/tyre or wheels badly out of balance.
If it makes no difference check for damaged CV joint on drive shafts, though usually the will knock and worse turning one way than the other.
I have changed the driver side shaft so I will try swapping wheels if not maybe time to changed the o/s side shaft

Back