Technical ESP+power steering intermittently working

Currently reading:
Technical ESP+power steering intermittently working

found this wire it seems to go from ignition to behind the computer in the glovebox

any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20240127_120354.jpg
    IMG_20240127_120354.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 26
had ma dads scanner on and tried to figure out how to work it.
getting these codes atm
also showed C0051 earlier

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_133622.jpg
    IMG_20240128_133622.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
when i try the sensor calibration it just states fail.
battery is newish and when car running 2k rpm it states 13.9v.

mine is still having issues
changed the whole assembly from salvage, but i might also need an new esp sensor.
Mine was not a esp was a eps (steering module) your code seems to be a faulty steering angle sensor comon on these cars , check all the earths (specialy the main earth that goes to chassi leg and gearbox if not at least gives a good check up ;)

got one step closer today
new esp module for acceleration installed and that helped to a degree, still it get most the time errors on the steering angle sensor.

will check a bit for ground neer steering wheel tomorrow

i checked the ground i presume going to the power steering module, and also noticed during crank it can drop to 9.XX voltage.
shoudl i try another battery if i can to check?

i checked the ground i presume going to the power steering module, and also noticed during crank it can drop to 9.XX voltage.
shoudl i try another battery if i can to check?
The ground from the chassi? And gearbox ? Seems a bit of voltage drop, if you have another battery give it a go and test it , the cable appears to have corroded? Inside? Mine was not the issue because in Portugal we have little to no rust thankfully

i checked em earlier and did not seem bad, but i might replace em just to be certain they are good.

kinda suspecting the alternator going bad since at idle it gives 13.6v turning the wheel it drops to 13.2v

Back