Styling Newbie Styling Mk2 1.2 8v GO!..

Currently reading:
Styling Newbie Styling Mk2 1.2 8v GO!..

Hi Everyone..

I have had my 3dr, Baby Blue, 02 reg, Punto 1.2 8v Go! about 3 or 4 weeks and I am saving up for some mods..

It's pretty standard at the moment.. Please see the attached pic :)

The mods I was thinking of were:
Alloys, Tints, Lowering, Private Reg, De-badging at back.. then just little extra's such as aerial, wiper blades, pedals etc..

Can anybody think of any cheap mods or any good mods that would suit my car?.. without it looking too chavvy ;)

I haven't got a clue what kind of alloys to get yet, all i know is I want silver/chrome or brushed aluminium, deffo not black or anything.. I like the ones with loads of spokes but I also like 6 spoke ones :confused:

Anyway, please give some advice :)

Attachments

• Polly Punto.jpg
    Polly Punto.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 66
welcome to the forum
and nice colour :)
to start of i would get some fiat punto sporting alloys,many people on here like them better than aftermarket alloys
defo agree with the debadging,aero wipers ( they are really good), and reg plate
also i think white alloys look nice on this colour punto(look at my sig)
theres some nice cars on here just look around and see what u like
look at this one https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/198341-dragger-german-style.html

EDIT:also subtle changes make a world of difference such as colour coding the door handles and the wing mirrors,also taking off the strips on the side (they are just stuck on with glue)

Last edited:
Oh thank you :) I like the colour of yours too!! Haha ;)

I wasn't too sure about taking the side trims off as I think they look nice, could always try though..
I think one of the side trims has been stuck back on anyway cos it's a little loose on the bigger end..

I really do like the sporting alloys, and they're proper Fiat ones so that's a really good idea :) thank you! I think I would stick to the silver colour though.. I'd have to see them before I tried white..

I think I definately will colour code the handles & mirrors.. my boyfriend suggested colour coding my centre console??

Thank you so much for your help (y)

Hello and welcome to the forum

Debadgeing is proberly the most inexpensive and a good mod that you will do, it makes your car look so much better!

Alloys make your car look nice aswell and you seem to have some good ideas with your little motor, make sure you do tell your insurance thou ;)

thought about getting your windows tinted?

Also anoher cheap mod that you can do once you have de-badged (some people dont like it on here) but i bought some chrome lettering from halfords and got my name and stuck it on the back of my car! Looked neat ;)

Oh thank you :) I like the colour of yours too!! Haha ;)

I wasn't too sure about taking the side trims off as I think they look nice, could always try though..
I think one of the side trims has been stuck back on anyway cos it's a little loose on the bigger end..

I really do like the sporting alloys, and they're proper Fiat ones so that's a really good idea :) thank you! I think I would stick to the silver colour though.. I'd have to see them before I tried white..

I think I definately will colour code the handles & mirrors.. my boyfriend suggested colour coding my centre console??

Thank you so much for your help (y)

Hi,

Welcome and im liking you punto and plans for it sound good too,

Yeah take the side trims off it looks soo much better without them and mine was also hangin off from one side its just the glue is wearing away.

I have silver multispoke alloys look nice but hard too clean:(, so if you perfer sporting then go for them(y)

Yeah colour coding exterior trim looks very good and clean matches up perfect and can be done yourself for like £15 worth of primer, paint and laquer (and some wet and dry get everything from halfords) i can help you with this if you want im pretty good at spraying my panels.

Yh colour code your centre console i have on mine looks really good and clean now, im doing all my interior plastics, i have a black car so im just colour coding to that shiny black:)

Also wire up some interior footwell neons, they look really good at night, you can hide all wires and tubes so nothing is visible just a nice glow at night. I can help with this aswel pretty simple to do especailly if your takin centre console off for coulor coding (y)

Paint your brake calipers and drums aswel:)

If lowering go for 50mm drop losuspension springs they really good quality and cheap to buy £75 (cheaper than others trust me)

Induction kit if your want the "Booooorrrrrrrrrrm" noise when you put your foot down lol and if you gonna get an induction kit then paint your cam shaft engine cover with high temp paint.:)

Colour coded centre console and heatervents anmd doorhandles:):

Footwell neons (and i have neons in other places like heater vents but you might find that a bit OTT lol):

Multispoke alloys & painted calipers:

Colour coded wing mirrors & door handles & lowered 50mm & door struips removed(y)

Induction kit and painted cam shaft cover (BTW thats snow all over the engine not dirt lol):

(Click on pics to enlarge(y))

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all your help :) I washed and polished it today, also debadged my 'GO!' sticker, not sure whether to do my fiat and punto ones as the one I have taken off has left a sticky mark, hopefully it will come off somehow?

I'm not too keen on the chrome lettering and stuff.. I like to keep things simple.. but thanks for the ideas :)

I really appreciate all the help (y)

I like the colour.
After looking at some of your car pictures, i thought i'd get rid of my bordem by doing you a quick photoshop of a few mods that might look good.
Its not the best job in the world, but it might give you an idea

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 55
if you heat the sticky stuff up and use a bit of wd40 it should come off quite easily

if you do any more de badging then heat it up loads with a hair dryer then scrap it off with an old credit card or something like that should take most of the sticky stuff off if you heat it up enough then use some WD40 and gentle persuasion to get the rest off

if you heat the sticky stuff up and use a bit of wd40 it should come off quite easily

if you do any more de badging then heat it up loads with a hair dryer then scrap it off with an old credit card or something like that should take most of the sticky stuff off if you heat it up enough then use some WD40 and gentle persuasion to get the rest off

I used a steam cleaner and credit card to get mine off, worked a treat!
Also, for any left over adhesive i used Auto Glym Intensive Tar Remover. Did this today and no signs my badge was even put on (y)

Thank you again for all the ideas.. imaptcuk thanks for the photoshop image, I do like that but I think I would prefer the windows a little darker and the alloys a little bigger :) and I think I might leave the side strips on.. but apart from that it looks brilliant..

As soon as I get around to doing more stuff to it, I'll post a progress thread :)

Like I said, I've only had it about 3 or 4 weeks so it's still pretty standard yet..

Progress SO FAR..
Cleaning & polishing, inside & out,
Changing radiator fan & motor,
De-badging 'GO!' sticker,
CD Player (Sub as standard),
Small aluminium beesting aerial

To Do..
Alloys,
Paint brake discs and drum brakes,
Lowering a little,
Window tints,
Tail light tints,

Colour-coding mirrors & handles,
Private reg plate,
POSSIBLY De-badging FIAT & Punto Badges...
POSSIBLY colour coding centre console...

Not sure on what else to do..
Not sure what colour to spray my brake discs & drum brakes either? red?

Thank youuu!!!!! (y)

I don't like neons, too chavvy for me lol!

Not too keen on the abarth badges either (unless it's actually an abarth)..

Like I said, I like to keep things pretty simple :)

Thanks for the ideas though (y)

Has anybody else got any ideas?

I don't want to look like a 'boy racer' either.. well cos I'm a girl.. but I just want to keep it nice and simple.. kind of like modified but still pretty standard if you get me?

Help? :)

Back