Technical Newbie with an HGT

Currently reading:
Technical Newbie with an HGT

Checho2389

Hello everyone!

I just bought a non-running 2003 Punto HGT, Hitachi ECU went out and previous owner haven't fixed it in years, so I am embarking in this trip to get it sorted in this new year.

I have read the Hitachi can't be tune or anything, but I am more worried about making the car run and drive first before running it. but I am guessing the immobilizer will be a problem.

so I guess a second ECU with barrel and keys is the first option, second option would be to disable the inmobiliser and the third option would the install an aftermarket ECU, like a maxxecu or something of that sort.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• f13f39ae-e4b5-4d25-8100-44cb73fcea54.JPG
    f13f39ae-e4b5-4d25-8100-44cb73fcea54.JPG
    424.6 KB · Views: 46
  • a7e74360-22d5-4bea-8e55-d938eb366de6.JPG
    a7e74360-22d5-4bea-8e55-d938eb366de6.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 36
Power it up & see whats actually not working, if its totally dead then check the fuse & the small earth wire near the left hand engine mount.

I'd be careful starting it up, the cambelt could be years old.

Power it up & see whats actually not working, if its totally dead then check the fuse & the small earth wire near the left hand engine mount.

I'd be careful starting it up, the cambelt could be years old.
Thanks!

yeah its been sitting for at least 4 years now, so a cam belt is needed, I am planning on doing a full service on the engine before trying to even start it.

the trouble that I have is that I am buying it with no ECU, according to the diagrams found in here it needs the ECU 46791884
so I am trying to source one right now.

There is a junkyard that has a Brazilian stilo with the same 1.8 DOHC and its from 2003 as well, but I need to go and see of its the same ECU.

my VIN is ZFA18800000502056

The first thing after getting new ecu is then getting the immobilizer either disabled or virginized so you will be able to add new keys to work with your immobilizer... This usually isnt a procedure that people would go trough alone. Usually you find somebody else who can do this for you, so i suggest 1st finding such guy near you and before buying anything ask him what he suggests what do you need to buy? Ecu? New Ecus can come already virginized. What kind hensuggests? Does he also require new body computer?
And after he gives you this info then proceed with buying. Maybe you even wont have to, maybe he will instead of you.

The first thing after getting new ecu is then getting the immobilizer either disabled or virginized so you will be able to add new keys to work with your immobilizer... This usually isnt a procedure that people would go trough alone. Usually you find somebody else who can do this for you, so i suggest 1st finding such guy near you and before buying anything ask him what he suggests what do you need to buy? Ecu? New Ecus can come already virginized. What kind hensuggests? Does he also require new body computer?
And after he gives you this info then proceed with buying. Maybe you even wont have to, maybe he will instead of you.
Thanks!
yeah there is a local guy who will be helping me

If you can get an ecu, body computer & key from a Hgt of the same year you could keep your existing key, save changing all the locks.

Back