General Just ordered: 500S

Currently reading:
General Just ordered: 500S

Just ordered my next 500S. Never had any problems with my last two 500's so decided to get another.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 13.07.16.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 13.07.16.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 13.11.23.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 13.11.23.png
    351.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 13.11.39.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 13.11.39.png
    319.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 13.11.54.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 13.11.54.png
    384.6 KB · Views: 85
Nice! The black roof looks good and so do the wheels. How long do you have to wait?

It depends if they have any in stock, if not then it will be a factory order and I should see it mid October. If they do have it in stock then it will be a lot sooner.

I went for the 1.2L. I've had this in the last two 500's I've had without any mechanical problems at all. This will be my first white car as for some reason people keep driving into any car that I had that was red.

I've also gone for the Beats Audio which isn't too bad when compared to the standard audio in my current 500S.

sounds good, how do people not see a red car!
I also went for the Beats as I have the interscope in my current car and like it.
I went for the twin just because i use it on motorways quite a lot and like the extra go!
Just the long wait to get over now!:eek:

I went for the 1.2L. I've had this in the last two 500's I've had without any mechanical problems at all. This will be my first white car as for some reason people keep driving into any car that I had that was red.

I've also gone for the Beats Audio which isn't too bad when compared to the standard audio in my current 500S.

There's a 500 in red just along the street where we live. It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I steer clear of red cars as they always seem to fade and go 'orrible after a few years.

I also went for the Beats as I have the interscope in my current car and like it.
I went for the twin just because i use it on motorways quite a lot and like the extra go!
Just the long wait to get over now!:eek:

Out of interest how does Beats compare with Interscope?

Funny you should say that, I have never had anyone rear end me :D other then on 2 separate occasions weirdly at exactly the same place about a year apart when they both shunted me in a traffic queue in my RED classic alfa spider, no real damage on either occasion fortunately bar denting the bumper slightly but it was really odd as I dont drive the car much, both were, er, well, not male put it that way! Like you I was left thinking was it something about red cars and do people, or, and I'm not being sexist here, females only have some sort of optic deficiency in detecting or registering the colour? A case of not seeing red I guess! Anyway, back on topic, the new S looks pretty good in white especially with those 16's

Last edited:
Like you I was left thinking was it something about red cars and do people, or, and I'm not being sexist here, females only have some sort of optic deficiency in detecting or registering the colour? A case of not seeing red I guess!

They are probably colour blind and hate green cars!

There's a 500 in red just along the street where we live. It looks absolutely gorgeous, but I steer clear of red cars as they always seem to fade and go 'orrible after a few years.

That was certainly true in the past. I had a red 1st model Punto, bought the year they were introduced. And it did fade marginally over the 4-5 years of ownership. It would have still looked ok but for a scratched panel that was repainted after a year. It was a good match when painted, but as time went on the contrast was noticeable if you looked carefully with the original panel fading.

I'd heard anecdotally that modern reds are more resistant to fade, but I don't know if it's true.

Exactly - bright yellow, red, orange are supposed be safer - nature's danger colours.

I've just switched from a Panda 500S in Red/Black Roof to a Panda 4x4 in Tuscany Green and I do sometimes wonder if I'm as visible, or blending in outside town.

It looks great and has some nice detailing . I'm glad Fiat didn't muck about with the shape etc. too much when the car was facelifted and I think it looks fab . Congrats to u .

yes, looks well. What interior did you choose? I have to say I think the choice of interiors for the S are disappointing, they're all a bit naff imo but perhaps better in the flesh. Looking forward to more pics on friday. Enjoy!

Did you change your mind about which wheels to get ? Just noticed wheels on your car are different to those that are on the configurator .

No my spec wheels never changed.
Glad they didn't mess to much as i like my current S.
I wanted the red interior but they only do white,blue and yellow. That all match pretty much nothing! So i had to go white!
Went for the Beats audio and i currently have the interscope so it will be interesting to see how it compares. Also the 105 twin from the 85 i have now.
It has come with goodyear tyres I dont know if there any good?

No my spec wheels never changed.

Glad they didn't mess to much as i like my current S.

I wanted the red interior but they only do white,blue and yellow. That all match pretty much nothing! So i had to go white!

Went for the Beats audio and i currently have the interscope so it will be interesting to see how it compares. Also the 105 twin from the 85 i have now.

It has come with goodyear tyres I dont know if there any good?

Yes that yellow looks shocking and I like yellow! I'd be worried that the white will get very grubby but maybe not. Goodyears are generally fine, I have the efficient grips on my 85ta and no probs at all

Back