Technical Just bought it

Currently reading:
Technical Just bought it

Lozz1960

Just bought a 1.3 multijet 2008. It runs brilliantly. However just had an issue where when I pushed I. The clutch it stayed depressed. Also on occasions it will not start unless I leave it a bit then it will start any ideas

questions!
I take it you mean you press the clutch pedal and it stays down rather than springing back up? if so does it stay down or come up eventually? does the clutch work properly with the engine running! or does the pedal do the same thing regardless?
please describe the starting issue more clearly do you mean you turn the key and it turns over but does not fire up! then if you turn it off and back on and try again it goes if thats whats happening id be suspicious of the glow plugs as if you turn it on a second time and it goes it might be because the glow plugs have been heated twice!, does it produce white smoke when it starts?.

Welcome! 500 diesel owners are quite a select club!

On the clutch I'd start by replacing the slave cylinder - they get sticky. Fairly straightforward if you know your way round a spanner. UK supply of these particular parts has been a bit iffy lately but Shop4Parts on the web always a good place to start.

Back