Technical Newbie - 500s, front and rear chrome bumper inserts removal

Currently reading:
Technical Newbie - 500s, front and rear chrome bumper inserts removal

antbcfc

Hi
I have recently bought a 2009 Fiat 500 Sport in black for my daughter’s first car and I need to do a few bits before I surprise her on her birthday.
One of the jobs is to replace the plastic chrome inserts on the front (lower) and rear (the long one) bumpers

I’ve searched this site and YouTube for a definitive guide of how to do it, but can seem to find anything - anyone got any advice they can share ?

Have you got the replacement trims? They can be difficult and costly to replace unlike most bits.
Areas of concern on a older 500
Sump(rusts clean through)
Rear hatch wiring (fails causing all sorts of odd electrical isdues)
Rear beam axle(spring pans)
Engine earth strap (to gearbox fails)
Bet the day running lights are off

Have you got the replacement trims? They can be difficult and costly to replace unlike most bits.
Areas of concern on a older 500
Sump(rusts clean through)
Rear hatch wiring (fails causing all sorts of odd electrical isdues)
Rear beam axle(spring pans)
Engine earth strap (to gearbox fails)
Bet the day running lights are off
Yeah I have managed to obtain the front two and the rear one … just got to figure out how to get the old ones off and the new ones on

So if anyone has a guide I can use it would be appreciated

IIRC you have to first remove the bumper(s). Plenty of guides around on how to do that. A second pair of hands helps greatly, and expect a few rusted fastenings on a car of that age.

Once the bumpers are off, it should be fairly obvious what you need to do.

@typecastboy has done loads.

Last edited:
IIRC you have to first remove the bumper(s). Plenty of guides around on how to do that. A second pair of hands helps greatly, and expect a few rusted fastenings on a car of that age.

Once the bumpers are off, it should be fairly obvious what you need to do.

@typecastboy has done loads.
Please share how to remove those parts! Same situation.

Back