Technical Fiat 500S front end repair, parts advice, colour code

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500S front end repair, parts advice, colour code

jjadey

Hi guys!

I have a weird ET connection with my fiat and I'm not ready to let go, I rear ended someone and ruined the front driver side. After the garage quoted over £3500 to repair it and my insurance rejected it, I bought it back from Copart as a cat N with the intention of fixing it myself and whilst I've learnt a lot trawling through everyone's threads, it isn't enough!!

Few things -
I asked the garage for a breakdown so I could judge it myself and I would love it if someone could please decode the parts required, some I know are obvious but others I'm like 😵‍💫

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 14.35.07.png

I've got most items in my watchlist on Ebay but im hoping to skip about a few salvage yards in Manchester with a nice list but the fact mine is the sport blue seriously limits the choices I have as im having to buy specific from breaking blue fiat 500s. Through a few bumps and scrapes that I was looking to get repaired a few years ago, I couldn't find a paint bodyshop place with the colour code and FIAT were charging crazy amounts so I never got them repaired but wondering what other peoples experiences have been with this colour?

I have a few concerns about a bent radiator and front panel and it all looks too pushed back and squished together when I lift the bonnet up and all it says on my estimate is "check front panel" so I dont really know what this entails. I dont currently have a clear picture of this, I will upload later.

In my opinion I can't start anything until I judge whether I need to buy a front panel that includes a radiator or if it can just be bent back into shape in which case, Im wondering what the best tool is to do this? EQUALLY, if anyone has had to completely repair the front panel, please share your wisdom!!

I've seen a few videos of bits in stages but I would love it if someone has a more comprehensive idea or guide to repairing the whole front of a fiat!

If you're still here through the mess of this post, I appreciate you, but I will quickly recap what I'm asking -

1. Decode estimate breakdown
2. What do I start with/where do I start?
3. Colour code for the fiat 500s
4. Help

Pics attached of sad Joey Fiat

Thank you all xxx

89A8A24F-920E-4495-B4C1-99B9885A792B.jpg
IMG_1697.jpeg

IMG_1709.jpeg
IMG_1708.jpeg

Last edited:
Likelihood is you could need more than whats listed there in terms of a repair. you won't know until you take the bumper off and look at the bumper support and the radiator, and if it has AC condenser. That's where id start, don't order parts and take the bumper off and inspect behind to see the true damage.

With the paint colour you have id say even if you got parts matching the paint code it would look odd so you'll likely need to have the front of the car blended in paint wise, you can get new parts for all of these but they'd be in primer and would require full paint and prep, depending on wether you went new or used parts would cause the cost to vary.

The paint code is usually on a sticker on the slam panel or on the inside of the door shut, I can't remember exactly where on the fiat 500s sorry.

Likelihood is you could need more than whats listed there in terms of a repair. you won't know until you take the bumper off and look at the bumper support and the radiator, and if it has AC condenser. That's where id start, don't order parts and take the bumper off and inspect behind to see the true damage.

With the paint colour you have id say even if you got parts matching the paint code it would look odd so you'll likely need to have the front of the car blended in paint wise, you can get new parts for all of these but they'd be in primer and would require full paint and prep, depending on wether you went new or used parts would cause the cost to vary.

The paint code is usually on a sticker on the slam panel or on the inside of the door shut, I can't remember exactly where on the fiat 500s sorry.
Hey! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

It looked like they'd taken the bumper off to assess it as it was clipped up when I got it back which is why I thought the list would be solid but thank you so much for your advice!

Is the headlight cracked? I had a front end ding that wrote off the car but bought back and fixed, not as bad as yours, I repaired both the headlight and driving light all had all the brackets broken off, but cleaver use of Epoxy fixed both lights, might save enough for a new condenser?
Take off the bumper and open bonnet and take some more pics side on, the top of front above rad, looking down to the ground either side of the engine.
Any colour of parts will be fine the whole front will need respraying, SAVE any parts that can be re used or repaired like the front badge bumper parts, don't loose the towing hook cover too easy to forget about?
I did find two new cheap silver trim parts for the bumper not sure on the quality https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...sea!UK!1601790863!&curPageLogUid=DYrNh8ACcnN7

Last edited:
Ive done dozens, in fact in total 102 Fiat 500s, the vast majority like this or worse. From what I can see from your list and your photos this is a pretty easy repair. I've done one in this colour too.

If you are able to get parts in colour, then it will save you a fortune in painting costs. Ebay is by far your best bet.

Front panel may be OK, but if, as you say it looks little squished then it's better to replace it. If they are slightly bent, unless it's just the top bits at the side you will never get everything to fit unless you replace it. Is the radiator holding coolant? Does your A/C work. Top reinforcement bar may be bent, bottom one is probably OK. If you need a radiator and A/C they are pretty cheap. I recommend the EiS radiators on www.carparts4less.co.uk, they are cheap and very similar to OEM. Aftermarket A/C condensers, if it's damaged are pretty cheap too. Condenser sits in front of the radiator so that would get damaged first.

Bumper will probably be your biggest outlay. Sport ones are more rare, although I thought I saw one in blue on eBay yesterday.

All the trim for the bumper is widely available.

If you are able to get a "rad pack" on Ebay which will include front panel, radiator/condenser that would probably be better but these are getting more difficult to source. Aftermarket front panels are absolutely fine. I use them all the time.

All of the brackets you mention are cheap and widely available. Drivers DRL looks broken but that may just be the tabs which can be plastic welded/hot stapled back on or you can just get a used light for about £50. Headlight repair tabs are about £14 a side. Easy to fit.

The colour of the car is on a silver label on the passenger Sid of the inside of the tailgate as you lift it up. Has the colour name and code. Can't remember off the top of my head what its called.

I don't know what they mean by lower bonnet lock and bonnet seal? If they mean the bonnet catch, I can let you have one for free. I have loads of them.

Have a look at my Youtube channel Love 500 and you will see all of the repairs, very similar to yours and will give you lots of pointers.

Bonnet in Maidenhead, in colour. Only £130

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Is the headlight cracked? I had a front end ding that wrote off the car but bought back and fixed, not as bad as yours, I repaired both the headlight and driving light all had all the brackets broken off, but cleaver use of Epoxy fixed both lights, might save enough for a new condenser?
Take off the bumper and open bonnet and take some more pics side on, the top of front above rad, looking down to the ground either side of the engine.
Any colour of parts will be fine the whole front will need respraying, SAVE any parts that can be re used or repaired like the front badge bumper parts, don't loose the towing hook cover too easy to forget about?
I did find two new cheap silver trim parts for the bumper not sure on the quality https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006004555616.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.35.79f876f7bYq40F&algo_pvid=91014ee5-4f6d-44cc-8423-6c3792552674&algo_exp_id=91014ee5-4f6d-44cc-8423-6c3792552674-17&pdp_npi=4@dis!GBP!15.80!11.53!!!137.42!!@2103890116999942372132675ef550!12000035279057314!sea!UK!1601790863!&curPageLogUid=DYrNh8ACcnN7
Thank you for replying!! That's great, I will update this evening!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Will the car fit in the garage? Are you going to fix it yourself or as much as you can then get it painted?
The protruding edge where my bumper's unclipped from the side panel failed my MOT which is the reason the car's undrivable, it's currently sat on the drive as getting it to garage is gonna cost me in transporting and storing it so as much as I can I'll be doing myself, I'm under no illusions I'll complete it but want to take the bulk of the cost out and getting a garage to fix whatever I haven't!

Ive done dozens, in fact in total 102 Fiat 500s, the vast majority like this or worse. From what I can see from your list and your photos this is a pretty easy repair. I've done one in this colour too.

If you are able to get parts in colour, then it will save you a fortune in painting costs. Ebay is by far your best bet.

Front panel may be OK, but if, as you say it looks little squished then it's better to replace it. If they are slightly bent, unless it's just the top bits at the side you will never get everything to fit unless you replace it. Is the radiator holding coolant? Does your A/C work. Top reinforcement bar may be bent, bottom one is probably OK. If you need a radiator and A/C they are pretty cheap. I recommend the EiS radiators on www.carparts4less.co.uk, they are cheap and very similar to OEM. Aftermarket A/C condensers, if it's damaged are pretty cheap too. Condenser sits in front of the radiator so that would get damaged first.

Bumper will probably be your biggest outlay. Sport ones are more rare, although I thought I saw one in blue on eBay yesterday.

All the trim for the bumper is widely available.

If you are able to get a "rad pack" on Ebay which will include front panel, radiator/condenser that would probably be better but these are getting more difficult to source. Aftermarket front panels are absolutely fine. I use them all the time.

All of the brackets you mention are cheap and widely available. Drivers DRL looks broken but that may just be the tabs which can be plastic welded/hot stapled back on or you can just get a used light for about £50. Headlight repair tabs are about £14 a side. Easy to fit.

The colour of the car is on a silver label on the passenger Sid of the inside of the tailgate as you lift it up. Has the colour name and code. Can't remember off the top of my head what its called.

I don't know what they mean by lower bonnet lock and bonnet seal? If they mean the bonnet catch, I can let you have one for free. I have loads of them.

Have a look at my Youtube channel Love 500 and you will see all of the repairs, very similar to yours and will give you lots of pointers.
Wow thank you so much! This is all really great, I'm currently in work but I'll definitely be back in touch. Your YouTube looks super handy so thank you, I can't wait to watch!

I mean if you're buying the bits for the front anyway id be half tempted to source an Abarth front bumper and bits and pieces for it, but that's just me :D I am a terrible influence I know.....

I mean if you're buying the bits for the front anyway id be half tempted to source an Abarth front bumper and bits and pieces for it, but that's just me :D I am a terrible influence I know.....

Hahah I like it! I thought about it but wasn’t sure if it would clip on the same? I’m an extreme rookie so I was trying to do as like for like as possible🤣

Just spotted your in warrington, there was a place on the east lancs did fiat spares, they might be able to help. it was called East Lancs Fiat Spares, it was around the corner from Haydock racecourse. Ive lived in Ireland for ten years now but it was a good shout when I had my Fiat in the UK

Any photos of the slam panel with the bonnet open? And around front of engine bay?

Apologies, it’s been dark when I get up & in from work, will try and add better ones today!

Attachments

• IMG_5420.jpeg
    IMG_5420.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5422.jpeg
    IMG_5422.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5423.jpeg
    IMG_5423.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5425.jpeg
    IMG_5425.jpeg