i've been scammed advice please...

Currently reading:
i've been scammed advice please...

Why didnt you use england kick and claps official site to get ticket info or buy from them?

If this was a movie, the local police would send someone round to see you straight away. they would checkout the emails he sent etc & trace the bloke from them. They would also look at the pic of the tickets & find out who they were issued to and they would also contact western union to look at cctv footage of when the bloke went in and collected his cash.

Sadly, this is the real world.

thanks for the replies though.

will just have to bite the bullet

mate in that case, if youve resigne yourself to the fact your not gonna get your money back, try all options, you have nothing to lose (no pun) contact western union etc, the website you bought em off, that forum that was linked, police? (hmmm long shot) something might turn up, but youll no for next time to double check n then tripple check everything. remember the ol saying
"if its cheap, its usually cheap for a reason"
"and if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is"
best of luck though mate. :)

thanks i think i will go to the police and report it, like sludgeguts said above if this was a movie or CSI would take them a day to track the person but the police wont bother with the paper work they'd rather drive around walsall for 20 mins until their break then get a McDonalds (saw this happen this morning)

The police will probably have ways but whether they would pursue... I mean just from my head, I imagine they could trace the IP from which emails were sent etc, from that the IP can be used to trace the location of the computer/device used.

Obviously its not that easy but it would depend how far you wanted to go i.e. hiring a private detective lol.

This does get expensive though and would cost less just to accept you have been scammed, suppose anything is possible for those with £££££££ though.

Sorry, but at least you will recognise this crap in the future.

... he said he lived in South Shields, Newcastle, and on BT you can find peoples addresses and numbers on their website, so lowe and behold i managed to find his address information only thing is i live just outside Birmingham so its a bit of a treck to go n confirm this information ...

How sure are you of your info?
Check-out 192.com
There is a `R Attard’ listed with tel No. – but not `Reno’
(You can even view the house on Google maps – panel van outside?)
Checking further you’ll find that contact has a reputation they may not wish to be sullied.
A quiet word might bring a desired outcome.

Back