General Imola Blue -- Ooops! WE NEED UPDATES!!

Currently reading:
General Imola Blue -- Ooops! WE NEED UPDATES!!

Re: Imola Blue -- Ooops!

I wonder what it would take to get Blue to 200mph?

A tow rope and a Bugatti Veyron :p lol

I am sorry to hear about Blue, she is a stunning motor and one that has obviously been crafted to Aaron's taste regardless of cost.

I hope you get her back up and running soon mate (y)

Unfortunately this kind of thing is bound to happen when you are running well over double the factory output of the engine and sustaining speeds that the car was just never intended to see let alone sit at for longer than a quick burst :(

Im glad to see you are taking things in your stride, not letting it get you down and not giving up on Blue :)

We live and learn, its a hard lesson to learn but if it makes you realise that you need to build her up stronger before attempting those kinds of sustained speeds then it has been a lesson learnt imo.

On the up shot, I bet the BMW driver's expression when you went past him almost (and note I said almost) makes it worth it lol.

Good luck with it mate :cool:

Last edited:

Hmmmm having been around here for a fair bit and previous Cento sites, I have seen the creation and de-creation of many T'd Cento's, I'm sure a lot more happened that weren't spoken of so you aren't alone here fingers.

Yes they are fixable with time and money so no need to go buy flowers just yet.

@ allanhelen - we'll all chip in and get you a cape and you can fly around and stop all the crime! can't and won't believe you've never sped before working or not and if fingers said oil blew through at 30mph in the high street we'd all be thinking "i don't think so!"

Liam

@ allanhelen - we'll all chip in and get you a cape and you can fly around and stop all the crime! can't and won't believe you've never sped before working or not and if fingers said oil blew through at 30mph in the high street we'd all be thinking "i don't think so!"

Liam

Never said I have never sped, I would have just have phrased it a bit differently and have used phrases like "I was pressing on a bit" or "making good progress" bit more PC if you know what I mean

meh seems like your all being a bit unfair to allanhellen if your going to speed and brag about it like fingers.. atleast lie about it on a public forum TBH, no comeback is there!?!! p.s how long did you sustain that high speed the day before though thinking, as you we're probably on boost all the time which wouldnt of helped?

Last edited:

how long did you sustain that high speed the day before though thinking, as you we're probably on boost all the time which wouldnt of helped

Ah you mean that entirely fictional speed in the place I never was which I would never condone?

Quite a while. And no, it wouldn't have helped. Problem is, Blue will run out of revs in top.................(y) I've never red lined it, but the power just keeps on coming in a way that NA folk will never comprehend. Blue could use 15" -- or even 16" -- wheels to usefully contain it's exuberance.

Ah you mean that entirely fictional speed in the place I never was which I would never condone?

Quite a while. And no, it wouldn't have helped. Problem is, Blue will run out of revs in top.................(y) I've never red lined it, but the power just keeps on coming in a way that NA folk will never comprehend. Blue could use 15" -- or even 16" -- wheels to usefully contain it's exuberance.
tsk turbo snob :rolleyes:

Hi to all from Scotland, as Emma said I'm up here for the festive period ,and Emma has now joined me for Hogmanay as theres no better place for it, but....

I've not had a chance to read this before now, though I did know about it.

It was not running lean, the MF2 was set up perfectly and what many do not understand is that it runs its own Bosch 3bar MAP sensor, so the fueling once set up correctly is then fully adjustable on the throttle, more throttle more +boost pressure MAP reads this MF2 provides more fuel, less throttle less fuel etc

It may have been pinking though there was no signs of it on rolling road and the operator is highly skilled in noticing anything out of ordinary. The ignition timing is not adjustable, tho it is set at 0 degrees on cam timing to try and balance it out, I did have it running 4 degrees retard before but didn't have time run it on rolling road to see the difference between them.

As for turbo cars not taking motorways, never heard so much rubbish written in my life. I had my R5GTT from Glasgow to Bournemouth many times, thats a 480mile trip that takes about 8 hours, and I never let it off the hook and never ever let me down, the same car now resides in London and my mate has had it to the Isle of Arran, 10hour trip, Wales, Cornwall in fact all over UK and it still returned 35mpg at 80mph and thats with 180bhp and 200lbsft, you build something right, and it works.

Oh and I know of about 20 integrales that went to Turin this year for the centenary of Lancia celebrations and ever single one made it there and back through Europe, some 1500mile trip I believe both ways.

Anyway, once the heads off the car we can offer a prognosis, until then, ciao 4 now I'm back to enjoying being drunk in Scotland :D

read this topic and can see both sides of peoples arguments, but let concentrate on the most important thing - THE CAR.

whats in the past is in the past, nothing can be done about it now, the car how ever must be re born. so pull ya finger out fingers mate and get it back on the road :D :p

Well I've had five 5Gt-Turbos. They are under engineered. From the crappy perc fan to the seats which fall to bits. Dont get me wrong they are superb machines. Very strong lump and box. BUT, If you drive a 5GTT flat out on a M-Way it will get hotter and hotter. The temp climbs. Then they go bang. The rads too small. Ok at 100 but when they get to 115 - 120 after a few miles It's game over. You're doing nearly 6000rpm in 5th. Obviously a TT or say a Saab turbo is totally different..

As for turbo cars not taking motorways, never heard so much rubbish written in my life. I had my R5GTT from Glasgow to Bournemouth many times, thats a 480mile trip that takes about 8 hours, and I never let it off the hook and never ever let me down, the same car now resides in London and my mate has had it to the Isle of Arran, 10hour trip, Wales, Cornwall in fact all over UK and it still returned 35mpg at 80mph and thats with 180bhp and 200lbsft, you build something right, and it works

The temp climbs. Then they go bang. The rads too small. Ok at 100 but when they get to 115 - 120 after a few miles It's game over. You're doing nearly 6000rpm in 5th.
You know any engine will expire if you let it overheat, what sane people do when they notice the engine keeps on getting to hot is sit down and work out what to do about it. Uprated rad, more powerful rad fan, oil coolers & better ducting to the rad are all tools in your arsenal of weapons to aid cooling.

It's like when I was getting temp spikes at the fast end of straights going "oh this engine isn't up to high speeds", instead I got a more powerful rad fan and an oil cooler, problem solved.

You know any engine will expire if you let it overheat, what sane people do when they notice the engine keeps on getting to hot is sit down and work out what to do about it. Uprated rad, more powerful rad fan, oil coolers & better ducting to the rad are all tools in your arsenal of weapons to aid cooling.

It's like when I was getting temp spikes at the fast end of straights going "oh this engine isn't up to high speeds", instead I got a more powerful rad fan and an oil cooler, problem solved.

I think his point was that the manufacturer spec model did that, and you'd think they should know what tolerances the car should withstand through rigorous testing, and they still went bad.

Makes no difference either way though, its a bit OT :)

Take it you haven't pulled off the head yet fingers, in itching to find out what went pear shaped! Fingers ;) crossed its cheap :D

Kristian

Back