Technical Help, new to site, egr issue

Currently reading:
Technical Help, new to site, egr issue

No issues, cruised along nicely at 70, no warning lights or loss of power, hopefully all is good!x
Hi, have just read this thread from start to finish. You have had some good advice and glad it is sorted. So long as you do give it a good run every week with a heavy foot you will be fine. Mention the dpf oil degradation reset if you use independent services if you wish but Otherwise forget about the engine, especially scare stories ref the egr.. . it is quite possible all of the problems were bad battery and damp connections from the start, not at all unusual with a car moved 100 feet round a forecourt for a month or so. All sorted now :)

Hi, have just read this thread from start to finish. You have had some good advice and glad it is sorted. So long as you do give it a good run every week with a heavy foot you will be fine. Mention the dpf oil degradation reset if you use independent services if you wish but Otherwise forget about the engine, especially scare stories ref the egr.. . it is quite possible all of the problems were bad battery and damp connections from the start, not at all unusual with a car moved 100 feet round a forecourt for a month or so. All sorted now :)

That's great thanks, I was starting to worry I'd bitten off more than I could handle!

?

Glad it seems to be sorted, it's all too easy to fall into a rather depressing outlook (of which I'm just as guilty) which is one drawback of a forum, loads of great advice but also the possibility of going on the wrong track, but fortunately there's enough members contributing to lessen that risk?

Check your engine oil level and make sure it's not over the max mark! The best place to have dpf/egr work done on this model is the main dealer. Product knowledge is priceless when working on these systems on this car.

How's your little princess doing now ?
Does everything seems OK with her now?

Hi! Everything seems fine (find wood to touch!) My only gripe at the moment is the bulbs behind the temperature controls keep going out, I replaced all the bulbs behind there but as soon as I hit a bump they go out again! Nothing too serious but I'm not 100% familiar with the controls there atm so can't see what buttons I'm turning! ?

Small issue but annoying! ?

Hi! Everything seems fine (find wood to touch!) My only gripe at the moment is the bulbs behind the temperature controls keep going out, I replaced all the bulbs behind there but as soon as I hit a bump they go out again! Nothing too serious but I'm not 100% familiar with the controls there atm so can't see what buttons I'm turning! ?

Small issue but annoying! ?
What do u mean nothing to gripe about ?
I'd be tamping if I'd bought a car and that happened.
Do the bulbs blow or is it a lose connection ?
Take it back again.. lol

What do u mean nothing to gripe about ?
I'd be tamping if I'd bought a car and that happened.
Do the bulbs blow or is it a lose connection ?
Take it back again.. lol

Lmao! I am tamping! ??

They're just loose when I take the panel off and fiddle they come back on ??

Last edited:
Back