General Fiat 500S

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500S

imagejpeg

Hi all,

I too have ordered a 500S, in Footloose Blue, Front Fogs and Black Leather Int. Also having Abarth 500 Scuderia stripes in grey fitted once taken delivery.

Ordered it on the 26/07/13 (i think), and was quoted 3 months.

Haven't heard anything from the dealership as of yet.

How long did it take for the dealerships to get in contact with you?

Even if it was just a courtesty call?

Pateince wearing thin......

Hi all,

I too have ordered a 500S, in Footloose Blue, Front Fogs and Black Leather Int. Also having Abarth 500 Scuderia stripes in grey fitted once taken delivery.

Ordered it on the 26/07/13 (i think), and was quoted 3 months.

Haven't heard anything from the dealership as of yet.

How long did it take for the dealerships to get in contact with you?

Even if it was just a courtesty call?

Pateince wearing thin......

Unfortunately patience is a must with Fiat!
Call or email your dealer and ask for an order status update. The factory is now closed for summer holidays ( only 2 weeks) but I'm sure they'll be able to track your order.
I ordered mine on 16th June and just for an email last week saying is on delivery... Can' wait!!!

I shall call them tomorrow.

Machines get holidays?
What's the world coming too!
What colour are you getting?

Another thing that is plaguing me, is that I've heard not the best things about the dealership, just from browsing on here :/

I shall call them tomorrow.

Machines get holidays?
What's the world coming too!
What colour are you getting?

Another thing that is plaguing me, is that I've heard not the best things about the dealership, just from browsing on here :/

Hey! Apparently the plant in Poland always close for few weeks in August also for machinery upgrading and so on... I got a 500 S in footloose blue with electric sun roof, climate, rear parking, fog lights. I ordered it without seeing the colour but did a bit of research and have a good feeling about it...

Have you seen what it looks like?
I'm yet to see a blue one, I've seen the vast array of blues on other continents, but not the infamous Footloose Blue.

When's yours due?

Most (possibly all) Fiat plants shut in August. Think it's traditionally when Italians have their Summer Holiday, but it seems to have spread to other plants outside of Italy, presumably because there's no one at Fiat in Italy to answer enquiries from the factories.

Footloose Blue is the same as was previously called Midnight Indigo Blue on the 500byDiesel limited edition, so if you can find one of them (possibly a mission in itself) then that'll give you a good indication of Footloose.

Forgot to say, the dealership we ordered my Parents 500 from didn't get in touch for quite a few weeks & I did think 'this isn't too promising', but after they contacted us to say the car was en route, they were excellent & really on the ball.

In hindsight whilst a courtesy call is nice, if the order's just sat on a computer in a queue, there's not much anyone can say.

Have you seen what it looks like?
I'm yet to see a blue one, I've seen the vast array of blues on other continents, but not the infamous Footloose Blue.

When's yours due?

Mine is due 02/09. If I'm lucky the week before!
Never seen any blue around, that's why I went for this colour. I have seen few in Italy though as I'm Italian and often visit my family.
One thing about dealers.. I found them much more professional here in the UK. I went my mum to an Italian dealer as she is considering buying a new 500. I wanted to scream murder!!! New cars presented with dead Mosquitos on seats and spider webs all around the alloys... Service=0!!! The guy couldn't even give us indications of prices... Unbelievable!!! Mind you, my mum previously had a 500 Abarth in navy blue, panda, UNO and Punto. Very loyal Fiat client.
I sent a big complaint through to Fiat in Italy and guess what? Didn't even get a reply...

Mine is due 02/09. If I'm lucky the week before!
Never seen any blue around, that's why I went for this colour. I have seen few in Italy though as I'm Italian and often visit my family.
One thing about dealers.. I found them much more professional here in the UK. I went my mum to an Italian dealer as she is considering buying a new 500. I wanted to scream murder!!! New cars presented with dead Mosquitos on seats and spider webs all around the alloys... Service=0!!! The guy couldn't even give us indications of prices... Unbelievable!!! Mind you, my mum previously had a 500 Abarth in navy blue, panda, UNO and Punto. Very loyal Fiat client.
I sent a big complaint through to Fiat in Italy and guess what? Didn't even get a reply...

Forgot to ask... Where did order yours from?

Forgot to ask... Where did order yours from?

Apologies if this wasn't aimed at me, but we ordered from Grays Garage in Warwick. Wasn't too keen to use the local dealership (Abingdon) after poor experiences with their Ford & Vauxhall franchises, so it was between Grays who had good reports on here and Pewsham Garage near Chippenham where I take my Stilo for some work.

Grays Garage were open later on a Sunday when my Parents were wanting to go & look, so we went with them & have been glad we did. It's been back for a recall & a service & they passed that test with flying colours too, which is where many dealers who are good at selling, fall down (y)

Thanks for the tips guys.
I ordered mine from Hartwells, Chester.

Fingers crossed I get something from them soonish.
Ford were brilliant, contacted every step of the way, from order to delivery to a few days after.

dont know how everyone else is getting on but...

ordered my 500s on the 18th june. rang the bolton dealer up yesterday and he said yours is at status 40 (in the country). he said "expect to wait a few weeks", which was no problem for me as i want the 63 plate.

however he did say that there are loads of new 500s waiting in the country which have been ordered. i assume they only have so many transporters :)

ciao :slayer:

dont know how everyone else is getting on but...

ordered my 500s on the 18th june. rang the bolton dealer up yesterday and he said yours is at status 40 (in the country). he said "expect to wait a few weeks", which was no problem for me as i want the 63 plate.

however he did say that there are loads of new 500s waiting in the country which have been ordered. i assume they only have so many transporters :)

ciao :slayer:

Well, funny enough I'm in the exact same situation.. My dealer said it should be with me by the end of this month. Mine was ordered on 16th June.where is your dealer?

It's called Bolton motor park. I was a bit concerned that it may have been delayed because the salesman I dealt with left.

I suspect yours will be very soon depends how far down south you live :D

It's called Bolton motor park. I was a bit concerned that it may have been delayed because the salesman I dealt with left.

I suspect yours will be very soon depends how far down south you live :D

I'm in Oxfordshire and bought mine from Northampton.
Really looking forward to see it...

Back