General Men with Fiat 500s, what's the response?

Currently reading:
General Men with Fiat 500s, what's the response?

Just realized, although I've posted in this thread, I haven't addressed the original question posed.

When I was much younger, before getting married, my cars were possibly the most important thing in my life. They had to have a massive street cred factor - although we'd never heard of street cred back in those days. Cool, Keen, Boss or Hip as was Kookie in 77 sunset strip!

I still salivate over stuff like that T Bird! Then I got married and the Cortina GT morphed into a 997cc Anglia followed by many "uncool" cars like a Citroen Dyane, Daff44, Datsun Sunny, etc. - but I survived and don't remember anyone thinking the less of me for it?

Now a days I couldn't care less about image and actually enjoy driving our wee Panda, maybe more than the Ibiza. I may look a bit incongruous, dressed, as I typically am, in jeans, a loud check shirt and my "lumberjack" cap - "Snap On Racing" baseball cap on special occasions - but I find the Panda very sprightly around town, easy to park and keeps up well with city traffic. Out on the open road, whereas if I'm in the Ibiza I may sometimes feel the need to overtake slower traffic and people seem to expect you to be pressing on, in the Panda I just sit back, relax and go with the general flow. It's nice, I feel very relaxed and content in it.

I can only think of one car I've refused to drive and that was a lime green classic Mini with a black bonnet, more because of Mr Bean connotations than any other issues. We've had several 500s since 2008, all my wife's ownership and I've never felt out of place driving them, including our current one which is a white 500e. I had a 1.0 Mild Hybrid 500 as a courtesy car recently and I'd suggest you take one for a test drive, in and out of town, as a reference against the drivability of your previous Panda.
I don’t understand classic mini lovers, I’ve never found a comfortable driving position and I always banged my head getting in and out…as for the ‘new’ mini, well, it isn’t is it, more like a maxi

Back