General Factory build issues

Currently reading:
General Factory build issues

I have to say, I would be extremely cross in your position..
If you are anything like me, you would have thought long and hard about your exterior / interior colour schemes, and for a dealer to change this without consultation (whether they are allowed to do so or not) would not make me happy. It's a lot of money to spend to not get what you want. When I bought mine, I changed my mind about interior and exterior colour a few weeks before the car was due to be delivered, my dealership still allowed me to change my mind, saying that they would accept my original car and sell it to another buyer, and they then changed the spec of a car that was not as far down the production line to the spec I required. They couldn't have done any more. I suppose the thing to do is decide exactly what you would accept from them, then try and get it.. I wish you luck..

The only advice I can offer is to cancel your order if you are so unhappy with the changes.

Manufacturers constantly change their specs.

The Fiat 500 was due for its mild re-fresh again so I'm not surprised there's been some updates.

You could always try and buy from someone like Arnold Clark who will probably have a new 'old' stock car or perhaps a pre-reg with the seats you prefer.

I do sympathise, especially when you have your heart set on a certain spec.

If it were me I'd try and get the leather seats thrown in as a goodwill gesture. That way you'll still have the original look of the S and a free upgrade. (y)

And the car is differant yes but the 500 is the only one with a TFT upgrade.I think the reason for every car forum is helping eachother with sugestions and solving peoples problem,giving advice or just talking abouth cars we like so sorry for the resurrection of the thread.

Thread resurrected after nearly 2 years to ask an irrelevant question about a totally different Fiat car...

WTF??? :bang:

And as usual a sensible post gets disliked 3 times by idiots who don't understand how a forum works.

Both of you could do a little homework before jumping in with both feet.

Nenad2312 did first ask the question in the Tipo forum, and since the new Tipo hasn't made it here yet & has no presence on the forum, it was suggested, quite sensibly IMHO, that he ask the question in the 500 section, where by far the greatest number of owners with a TFT display will be found.

It may indeed turn out that this is a new Tipo-specific issue, but for now, this is the most appropriate place to ask the question. It may do better as a separate thread, so I've moved the appropraite posts into a new thread and added an edit to clarify the reason for it being in the 500 section.

Please continue any discussion of TFT related issues in the new thread.

Last edited:
And 306maxi should be carefull with the insults...calling other members idiots?

:yeahthat:

Personal attacks and insults aren't welcome here and are a violation of forum rules. The best way to deal with them is not to respond directly, but to report the post to a moderator using the handy little icon at the left hand side.

Last edited:
Back