Technical FIAT 500 172 Issues

Currently reading:
Technical FIAT 500 172 Issues

Megan Carroll

Hopefully someone can help.

Have been having issues for a while now but driving today, I got lights for Hill Holder, ABS and ESP being unavailable.

I have a spare wheel on at the moment as my partner lost the lock nut. Before driving, I reset the tire pressure on the dial.

Could this have caused this? Or would there be a definite electrical fault? I’ve brought it in for a service within the last 2 months and only recently passed the NCT.

Any advise would be deadly!

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpeg
    IMG_0504.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
More likely the battery is dying or the main battery to engine/ geabox to chassis earth wire is getting tired and corroded. Failing batteries may appear to work but make all sorts of warning lights come on as the power required by various sensors fails to get up to what the car computer expects. Doing a tyre reset will not be the cause. I also lost my wheel key. You can order a relacement from eBay for about £25. They will ask for a photo of the wheel bolt so they can match it. New bolts are expensive . You can get cheaper wheel bolt sets, but personally I wouldnt trust a wheel without the right bolt. Fortunately all 3 of my Fiats have the same key so I have removed the locking bolts for now,

Check the batterys voltage after standing overnight! minimum is 12.4v -12.6 to 12.8 more desirable -if battery checks prove ok, run an extra earthing strap from the battery neg terminal to the chassis if this cures the issue the original one under the battery tray is probably shot and needs replacing!.

Back