General Factory build issues

Currently reading:
General Factory build issues

You can call it what you like, just don't expect a service receptionist to be able to put Taco Volante, Aliksandr or whatever into eper and give you any information.

I even have to give the original number plate (I have private plates) when I go to the dealers, so saying I need an air filter for an Aliksandr would blow their computer chips.

I even have to give the original number plate (I have private plates) when I go to the dealers, so saying I need an air filter for an Aliksandr would blow their computer chips.
When I go to our local Subaru dealer (now the local Fiat dealer) they insist that our Subaru Legacy (Mk1 series 2 btw! ;) ) is an import even though it's not!

No, you made your point (quite forcibly) and should have left it at that. The other posters were not going to agree with you so why waste your 'breath'. To get into an argument is pointless and doesn't achieve anything.

The 500 has had a minor facelift recently but nothing to warrant it being called a MK2 let alone a MK3. The seats in mine were different to the early 500's but that didn't constitute making it a new version. The salesman was wrong to say what he did but I can understand why he did it as it made it easier to explain the changes to customers.

Facelift? It hasn't even had a facelift though! An S version was released last year which is another spec level, the rest of the range is completely as it was.

My point was that the salesperson was wrong, my point was that to call it a Mk1, 2 or 3 is going to confuse people who might read this thread in the future. How hard is it for the salesperson to just explain that Fiat have made various changes to the range (from memory here) the addition of the 105bhp twinair model in January, in April they added some colours and removed some colours, added the cult spec which is the new top of the range, added the tft screen which is standard on the S and Cult, added some interior trim options and deleted some others.

Suddenly these days it's become very uncool to have any knowledge or be a stickler for detail. I provided reasons and showed the logic behind me

When Fiat do a proper update to the 500 then it'll be a Mk2, you probably won't be able to fit many if any bits from a Mk1 onto a Mk2.

I guess my problem is that near enough isn't good enough for me, I genuinely want everyone who visits the 500 section of Fiatforum to get the best and most accurate advice possible. If that doesn't happen then people lose trust in the forum and where do we end up then? Should we tell people that Grande Punto wheels fit? Should we tell them that you don't need to declare modifications?

The whole point of a forum is that the guesswork and misinformation (from dealers) is gone.....

Is that like a facelifted Mk1 or a second gen engine or something completely different?

Same mechanicals as a S1 aside from the odd bit here and there which was improved but is still swappable and the rear suspension which is a little different.

All the panels, bumpers and lights are different except for the doors and roof.

This is our Mk1 S2
2873bwz.jpg

A Mk1 S1
Flickr_-_bjmullan_-_Colin_McRae's_Subaru_Legacy_Rally_car_(3).jpg

Well you did ask! ;)

Here's a Mk2 in case you were wondering (you weren't were you!) which is a completely different car.
1996_subaru_legacy_4_dr_ls_awd_sedan-pic-12864.jpeg

When I go to our local Subaru dealer (now the local Fiat dealer) they insist that our Subaru Legacy (Mk1 series 2 btw! ;) ) is an import even though it's not!

Subaru are imported, with the exception of some of the rally cars that have been assembled in the UK such as at Prodrive.

Subaru are imported, with the exception of some of the rally cars that have been assembled in the UK such as at Prodrive.

I don't think Subaru has a factory in the UK, definitely builds in Europe, US and of course Japan

Well after further conversation with the dealer and customer care the dealer let slip that the factory rejected the order placed and informed the dealer ship of the changes who took it upon them selves to change the order and failed to inform me at that time I would of chose the different seats also a different colour as more colours was available. It has taken from middle march till mid production two days ago for the dealer to inform me of this. Fuming is not the word, I will have to wait for customer services to get back to me now.

Well after further conversation with the dealer and customer care the dealer let slip that the factory rejected the order placed and informed the dealer ship of the changes who took it upon them selves to change the order and failed to inform me at that time I would of chose the different seats also a different colour as more colours was available. It has taken from middle march till mid production two days ago for the dealer to inform me of this. Fuming is not the word, I will have to wait for customer services to get back to me now.

That's annoying. Looks like you'll end up with a Mk 3!

Ask the dealer to check whether there is a car on the system that matches your spec or if the issue is just the seats then why not ask for dealer fit leather. Fiat use a company called dk schweizer - you can see some fiat seat covers on their website.

Well it won't do to us as when the factory rejected the order to come out with the new interior design the dealer automatically confirmed the changed before we was made aware.
It is also becoming more apparent there £780 optional extra seats are the same as the standard ones we was expecting when the order was placed between me and the dealer.

I have made customer services aware of this and see what they say I don't want to reject the car as it's already been a long wait and it's got extras I wanted also the price of them has increased.

I just feel it's a) wrong of fiat not to show the options prior to the change over and b) disappointed at the dealership who never informed us straight away when the factory rejected the order. It makes things worse as my other half is dealing with it all and it's his old place of work where we have ordered the car from.

To get back to the original topic and away from the Mk 1, 2, 3 discussion. I like the seats with the red bits, I've said in another thread I think the black S type seats look like bubble wrap!

I just feel it's a) wrong of fiat not to show the options prior to the change over and b) disappointed at the dealership who never informed us straight away when the factory rejected the order. It makes things worse as my other half is dealing with it all and it's his old place of work where we have ordered the car from.

I agree. I would reject this car and order one in the exact spec I want from what is now available. If the exact spec I want is not available i would buy something else that matches my requirements.

I would not settle for second best on a new car. It would wind me up every time I use it.

Back