Technical Ducato Immobiliser issue

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato Immobiliser issue

Hi again Andy

I have waded through the elearn data for the X250 and pieced together the scattered details of the dozens of electrical components connected to the left front earth C010. I am still unsure of the exact method used to common up the various earth cables into a pair of 4 square mm black cables. These each end up on one of two tags, C010A and C010B and presumably both tags are bolted to the body via one or two studs with nuts.

Clearly, with so many components earthed at one point, if the connection is below par then multiple functions will be affected

Please note that my spreadsheet is "unofficial" so I can't guarantee its accuracy !

Attachments

• X250 Left Front Earth Components.jpg
    X250 Left Front Earth Components.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 72
  • X250 Left Front Earth Location.jpg
    X250 Left Front Earth Location.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 76
Hi again Andy

I have waded through the elearn data for the X250 and pieced together the scattered details of the dozens of electrical components connected to the left front earth C010. I am still unsure of the exact method used to common up the various earth cables into a pair of 4 square mm black cables. These each end up on one of two tags, C010A and C010B and presumably both tags are bolted to the body via one or two studs with nuts.

Clearly, with so many components earthed at one point, if the connection is below par then multiple functions will be affected

Please note that my spreadsheet is "unofficial" so I can't guarantee its accuracy !
This is fantastic Anthony, the help from this board has been excellent.

Not all earths are created equal. Some are just a wire or two bolted to the chassis or body, while others are multipole connectors with a the part having the male pins which are all commoned, perhaps made from a single piece of metal, and bolted to the chassis, while the removeable section holds separate female receptacles which are connected to the individual wires.

Below is a picture of C010 on my x244, unfortunately this does not show the complete connector, as the original photo was taken for a general view of the radiator connections.View attachment 404935
Once again thank you, Communicator.

Well the Auto electrician came and fitted the new fusebox and all seems to be well, Many thanks for all the help on this to all who contributed. Now to wire up the reverse camera :unsure:

Back