Technical Ducato Immobiliser code

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato Immobiliser code

Tom420

Hi all,

I'm trying to code a new key due to the original PCB getting damaged on my X250 2.3 Ducato. However, when trying to learn this in, it's asking for a five-digit hex code.

I don't have this to hand, does anyone know how I can get this/get a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I got it 3 years ago in a dealership upon a proof of ownership. Free of charge. They checked it in the system with the VIN and printed on a paper.

I've read here that it's much more problematic in the UK. Due to some insurrance reasons? Can't remember which tread it was in.

Hi all,

I'm trying to code a new key due to the original PCB getting damaged on my X250 2.3 Ducato. However, when trying to learn this in, it's asking for a five-digit hex code.

I don't have this to hand, does anyone know how I can get this/get a replacement?

Thanks in advance.
I have hesiated to reply due to the mention of a PCB. This suggests a combined Fiat alarm / immobiliser key fob, with which I am not familiar. The mention of the PCB made me uncertain as to which code is needed, immobiliser, or alarm.

I have read a suggestion that the UK insurance industry did not accept the alarm system, as distinct from the immobiliser, but this was only a passing reference on another forum. It would however explain the common use of aftermarket alarm systems on UK converted motorhomes.

Motorhomes converted outside the UK are supplied with a key code card. In the UK this is witheld, at the request of the UK insurance industry. With a UK converted vehicle, you would need to obtain details from a Fiat dealer, on submitting proof of ownership, and VIN.

As an old cynic, I seriously doubt that the information will be provided FOC. To compound this I have recently read of the codes not being available from Fiat, "Because the vehicle was too old.", and if I remember correctly, the codes for my 2006 PVC would have not be available.

Ok - I have contacted Fiat to see what they say.

The actual issue is the switches on the PCB to lock/unlock the vehicle appear to be damaged.

Ok - I have contacted Fiat to see what they say.

The actual issue is the switches on the PCB to lock/unlock the vehicle appear to be damaged.
The lock/unlock function for a new key obviously needs a key code to be entered in the ECU, but the immobilizer function do not.
The immobilizer chip code can be cloned from the old key to a new key chip (at least to some 3:rd party chips) by a locksmith or similar with right competence and equipment. For some models (e.g. my X290) both the code from old key and the challenge code from the car must first be scanned.

1710434809187.jpeg

Such switches should be available on ebay or amazon or at local electronic stores. Of course basic soldering knowledge and tools are required to change them.
Yes this is what I'm planning to do. Have contacted Fiat direct but awaiting reply. Doubt they'll give me anything, but will update otherwise.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
Hello, may I suggest you go to FIAT and ask for the 5 digits code ? That what I dit, and got mine. FIAT extract the code from their data base, normally. It is a free (no pay) option, since several years now . You must present ownership proof, normally.

Back