Technical Immobiliser Ducato motor home 2.3 JTD

Currently reading:
Technical Immobiliser Ducato motor home 2.3 JTD

AA1962

Hi team,

I am new o the forum but hoping that someone can help me - I’m at my wits end.
Basically, the immobiliser stays lit and the engine turns over but will not fire up.
I’ve had tHe RAC out but they cannot help, so I booked it in with an auto electrician. Unfortunately, the the auto electrician could not fit me in until August but my MOT and tax was due 1st August. I rang the RAC to tow it to the auto electrician but they said they could not assist as there was no mot or car tax. So I had to pay for it to be towed. The auto electrician thought it was an ECU fault. I found a 2006 ECU, immobiliser and key barrel on eBay. He now says it not the ECU and won’t do anymore work.
So far I’ve spent £450 and the problem had not been solved and I now have to have it towed from the auto electrician so that will be £600.
Please can someone help me or maybe contact me on 07410 102050.

Hi AA1962,
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to learn of your plight. I am assuming that your base vehicle is a 2006 x244 2,3jtd. Please confirm that yours is the x244 model by reference to the VIN which will have the form ZFA244xxxxxxxx. The VIN will be on the plate above the radiator, on perhaps more conveniently in the V5C registration document.

I may be malaligning the bloke but as an auto electrician his diagnosis seems a bit poor from what you say.
I would search out one recommended by others in your area.
Some years ago I had an Iveco Daily with an immobiliser fault, the dealers back then wanted around £1000 if I towed it the 30 miles to them.
In the end I found a company who I posted the ECU to and they disabled that side of the Bosch ECU along with instructions as to what not to reconnect. Total cost including carriage was around £137 from memory and van ran perfectly.
Obviously for insurance and other reasons a alternative antitheft system is required.
I would have yours put back to original pre breakdown parts as most modern vehicles have so much specific detail to that vehicle including Vin. Number etc. that s/h ECUs are probably not the answer. Then get it correctly diagnosed.

Thank you guys for your quick replies and don’t feel quite alone now. I will check the reference number on the plate when I get home. Thank you again guys.

Thank you guys for your quick replies and don’t feel quite alone now. I will check the reference number on the plate when I get home. Thank you again guys.
The wiring for the x244 is different to that of the later (2006 onwards) x250 model, so need to know what we are discussing.

Back