Technical Does anyone know how to disable the Odometer on a New shape 2009 Ducato

Currently reading:
Technical Does anyone know how to disable the Odometer on a New shape 2009 Ducato

leisuredrive

Anyone got a clue at how to disable the odometer on a Ducato? I believe it is quite simple, I have been told te vehicle can be put into "logistics mode" so long as it has less than 500 miles on it. Is this correct?

Anyone got a clue at how to disable the odometer on a Ducato? I believe it is quite simple, I have been told te vehicle can be put into "logistics mode" so long as it has less than 500 miles on it. Is this correct?

As I understand it, if the odometer has less than about (200 I think) miles on it, then the odometer can be returned to zero. But this can only be done with a dealers equipment, and it can only be done once. Just so the first owner gets one with no miles on it. Thats the theory anyway.

"- The total odometer can be reset once if the displayed mileage is less than 200 km. If it has not yet been reset, the displayed kilometres is preceded by a symbol similar to an H.
Resetting is done by pressing and holding down the setup + / - buttons on the control board."
I assume meaning both buttons pressed at the same time??

Hopefully a related question

I have a Ducato 250 3.0
i was eagerly looking for the odometer to turn over the 4000000 mark and as a strike of faith , the Odometer stopped working at this figure
all the other reading like Remaining miles , Trip meter segments work OK
is it just a coincidence at that is stopped working or did Sevel turn off the odometer at that mileage ? not expecting the van to survive this mileage ?

Wait ...What ??? you've done 4 MILLION Miles ?????? I didnt even know the odometer HAD SEVEN Digits !!!!

Isn't this strange.A per my previous thread like Phils, my van odometer has just stopped working at exactly the same miles 248,601 and I am fighting a losing battle with Fiat for expanations. Could be gearbox sensor could be dashboard but like Phil's everything around works even the trip meter.
Advice would be great or my little white book will have to be stapled to ny service book showing the add on mileage.

Sorry i do not know how to Verify if I am getting a Signal from the Gearbox
but I am getting updates to
Fuel Remaining Mileage
Miles/KM's coverd since last fill and all other Computer functions ,
with my limited knowledge , i suppose that the sender unit is giving a signal ?
I miss not seeing the mieage increase from my old friend (Ducato 3.0 EXLB Van) we have covered a lot of miles together !

Phil Gunn

I went into Fiats tp speak to a mechanic and a salesman said everything has a shelf life, so I reminded him that I dont pay £18,000 to have a shelf life.
The mechanic hasn't heard of this but then I am not surpised.He said the odometer runs via the ABS and not the gearbox and that if there is a fault it would show up on a reader.I have no faults showing. He also told me that if I put a replacement instrument in, new or used it will have to be programmed at Fiat only otherwise the odometer will just flash constantly. Is this correct or can I get someone else to do it?

I went into Fiats tp speak to a mechanic and a salesman said everything has a shelf life, so I reminded him that I dont pay £18,000 to have a shelf life.
The mechanic hasn't heard of this but then I am not surpised.He said the odometer runs via the ABS and not the gearbox and that if there is a fault it would show up on a reader.I have no faults showing. He also told me that if I put a replacement instrument in, new or used it will have to be programmed at Fiat only otherwise the odometer will just flash constantly. Is this correct or can I get someone else to do it?

You'd need to do a proxi alignment anyone with diagbox should be able to do it. You'd need to get a cluster with less miles though and the problem is as lightly to be wiring related so it may not fix your problem. An oscilloscope or multimeter on frequency setting will tell you if the cluster is getting a signal. The first thing I would do it take it out and give the connectors a good cleaning with a good contact cleaner.

Back