Technical Anyone know who can test a Ducato ECU

Currently reading:
Technical Anyone know who can test a Ducato ECU

toffee

Hello

As per the title.

Anyone know who can test an ECU from 2007 Ducato or who knows a mobile mechanic who could look at one situated in North Milton Keynes?

Currently got a non starter and the guy I have used is stumped.

All replies appreciated

There are several companies you can find online who will test your ecu for a small fee. If it is faulty they can repair it in most cases.
Avoid ecutesting.com. I sent them my ecu to be tested. They ended up paying for a new one as they wrecked it.

Good luck.

Hi,
I had a faulty ( intermittent) ecu on my ducato 2.3 2008
Symptoms
Some dash lights missing at ignition on
Crank but no start
Orange immobiliser light on
Sometimes while driving would cut out & cut back in

Put in fridge for 20mins - fault would appesr
Heat with hairdryer - fault would clear.

Sent off for clone ecu - clone ecu been fine ever since
Cheers

So I am back to asking does anyone know a good auto electrician in North Milton Keynes?

Been tacing some of the wiring. Can read the diagrams ok but unsure what the numbers mean where the wires enter the ecu. See attached where the arrow is under the B.

Thanks

20231003_181406~2.jpg

It would seem you have a similar fault to a van I'm having a look at. No feed to the EGR which was traced to the ECU. upon moving the fuse box I have now developed 2 lives missing at the ECU which were traced back to the main relay T09. It would appear that this is basically an earth problem which is controlled by the ECU. Add to that I now have the Key lock light on and NO engine light on. All of which stemmed from moving the wires around the fusebox and ECU.
Ive not had chance to look further due to prior commitments and poor weather but will keep an eye on this thread

Anyway to answer your question with the x250 book you have obviously downloaded you will find the ECU pin out numbers and the wiring diagram, in fact all the needed info is in the download.
looking at your diagram (found on pg 84ish), M010 is your ECU and the plugs on the ECU have letters relating to the connection block (pg59ish for ECU pin out numbers the fuse box is also in the book) and the orange/white wire goes from pin 10 on the fusebox C block to pin G1 on B connection to ECU. So with the wiring scematic you can trace the wires from and too their relevant connections.

on mine I found that the main relay (T09) powers fuses 11, 17, and 22 which are 2 lives to the ECU and the glow plug relay
F11 pin out No7 conn C of fuse box goes to pin 6 of glow plug relay
F17 pin out No31 conn C of fuse box goes to pin H2 on plug C at ECU
F22 pin out No18 conn C of fuse box goes to pin H1 on plug A at ECU
pin 85 of the main relay(T09) is basically an earth which goes from pin 10 connection C of the fuse box to pin G1, plug B at ECU so it is controlled by the ECU which is the orange/white wire you mention.
be warned that where lines cross they are only connected if there is a black dot which is more noticable in the fusebox (B001) or a diamond shape if out of the fusebox.
hope this explains it better for you,
Work through the diagram slowly and make yourself familiar with it. It took me 3/4 times to fully understand it so good luck keep the thread udated as will I as it is very similar fault

It would seem you have a similar fault to a van I'm having a look at. No feed to the EGR which was traced to the ECU. upon moving the fuse box I have now developed 2 lives missing at the ECU which were traced back to the main relay T09. It would appear that this is basically an earth problem which is controlled by the ECU. Add to that I now have the Key lock light on and NO engine light on. All of which stemmed from moving the wires around the fusebox and ECU.
Ive not had chance to look further due to prior commitments and poor weather but will keep an eye on this thread

Anyway to answer your question with the x250 book you have obviously downloaded you will find the ECU pin out numbers and the wiring diagram, in fact all the needed info is in the download.
looking at your diagram (found on pg 84ish), M010 is your ECU and the plugs on the ECU have letters relating to the connection block (pg59ish for ECU pin out numbers the fuse box is also in the book) and the orange/white wire goes from pin 10 on the fusebox C block to pin G1 on B connection to ECU. So with the wiring scematic you can trace the wires from and too their relevant connections.

on mine I found that the main relay (T09) powers fuses 11, 17, and 22 which are 2 lives to the ECU and the glow plug relay
F11 pin out No7 conn C of fuse box goes to pin 6 of glow plug relay
F17 pin out No31 conn C of fuse box goes to pin H2 on plug C at ECU
F22 pin out No18 conn C of fuse box goes to pin H1 on plug A at ECU
pin 85 of the main relay(T09) is basically an earth which goes from pin 10 connection C of the fuse box to pin G1, plug B at ECU so it is controlled by the ECU which is the orange/white wire you mention.
be warned that where lines cross they are only connected if there is a black dot which is more noticable in the fusebox (B001) or a diamond shape if out of the fusebox.
hope this explains it better for you,
Work through the diagram slowly and make yourself familiar with it. It took me 3/4 times to fully understand it so good luck keep the thread udated as will I as it is very similar fault
Thanks for the reply.

I took the wiring loom, under the headlight, apart this afternoon and found a completely broken wire, once repaired van started fine.

The really annoying part of this is the van has been off the road for 2 months and 3 so called professionals have looked at it and given up. 1 not having a clue at all

One small wire one big pain in the arse.

Good luck solving your problem

20231004_165722.jpg

Well done, at least you know for the future how to read the wiring diagram.
Had something similar with this van before, a wire under the fuse box broken. It had a pin hole in it and to the naked eye it looked fine but i noticed a bit of discolouration on the insulation and when stretched it broke in 2. soldered a new piece in and all was fine
Im just waiting for a break in the weather to investigate this one further just hope its along the same lines but not sure due to the key lock being on as well.

Back