Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

Currently reading:
Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

Hi. I am a newbie to this particular forum... although I have been using the Alfa forums for years ( got an Alfa 156 ).

I have Just bought a nice 2006 G Punto 1.9 Sporting, as my 'second car' for commuting. It has the B&Me of course, but all I want that for is to play music. I have an Apple iPhone 4S, but not too concerned about using that for music, as I do not want to buy any adaptors etc.

I have a Sony Walkman MP3 player, ( I prefer the sound quality of that anyway ), so what is the best way to get the Walkman to play in the car ?

Any suggestions welcome !

Thanks Paul

Hi, i am completely new to this and i dont know if im even on the right thing! however i bought a 2010 Fiat 500 Lounge and im confused as to what 'blue and me' is and how to use it. I have an iphone 6 and tried to plug it in via the usb port and nothing. So i presumed you have to have an android phone to be able to use it? is this correct? a little help and advice would be appreciated!

Only just found your post but you need to sync your phone to the blue tooth in car by getting your phone to look for it
The usb is if you want to play the music on your phone through the car system,if you get a call it will cut in and the just press the telephone icon on the right side of the steering wheel

how do you up date it mines a punto evo gp on a 10 plate and can’t find the up date

i have a fiat 500 1.2 sport and though my phone works fine via blue me when i try and play music it doesn't read anything or when i plug it into the usb port by the gears. Does this mean it needs updating as i have an iPhone X. if so how do update blue me.thanks

Hi folks. I wonder if anyone can help with two problems with B&M. I have a 2014 Fiat 500 and when someone phones me, the B&M has started to tell me that my phone is busy, so I have to stop to answer the phone, or miss the call. Anyone know why this would happen?
The second problem is that when I say , e.g. call (persons name) the B&M will ask me THREE times 'call persons name?' I say 'yes' to each querie and I either get put through or it closes down.
I'm beginning to th8nk it is my Welsh accent that it does not like!(n):confused:

Hi folks. I wonder if anyone can help with two problems with B&M. I have a 2014 Fiat 500 and when someone phones me, the B&M has started to tell me that my phone is busy, so I have to stop to answer the phone, or miss the call.
The second problem is that when I say , e.g. call (persons name) the B&M will ask me THREE times 'call persons name?' I say 'yes' to each querie and I either get put through or it closes down.
I'm beginning to think it is my Welsh accent that it does not like!(n):confused:

Is it possible to use a usb to aux adapter and play songs off your phone that way?

hi guys got punto 2013 1.2 easy
been to fiat and been told ive got an internal fault with the blue and me and my mileage is flashing and can't proxy align because of the fault can change for £722.94 but may not fix issue :bang:
1. any one know where blue & me unit it located
2. can i just change the unit and all should be good
or back to deal for proxy alignment
3. could i damage unit if i do change it myself, doesn't have to be setup by them same time
3. is this comen fault apart from scrap yard can we buy these unti from anywhere else
thank for the help

Got my 2013 500 by Gucci back after long term loan to my sister in law just recently. Thought I'd give some feedback on Blue and Me / Blue and Me TomTom as reading so many posts through this and the US forum there was still a few answers that I didn't find easily in searches.

• Initially after buying the 500 I remember that I had issues with updating. Eventually I found a 128MB (yes MB) USB stick and it updated.
  • I had the same issues again in 2019 where I tried everything to get the car USB port to recognise the update stick including partitioning an 8GB stick as 500MB. Eventually got a 1GB stick from a colleague that he used for his wifes 500 and it worked perfectly.
  • I did the first part of the update as per the blueandme.net site to gather information (on Windows, don't format or build update stick on Mac)
  • After xml file on stick had information from part 1 of update I plugged it back in to Windows computer to download valid update
  • I was elated to find that my 2013 model has gen 2 Blue and Me so it returned Aggiornimento version 10 UK update
  • Went back to the car to eagerly install my version 10 update of Blue and Me
  • Update started happily. Radio audio went off, said updating....then radio came back on and nothing seemed to be happening. SIT PATIENTLY. The update continued after a minute or 2 (USB drive light flashed again) until eventually it said Completed in the binnacle LCD. No voice prompt to say finished.
  • Happy days. All updated. Not sure what was new in the update.
  • Had to delete and pair my iPhone 7 and TomTom again to Blue and Me (delete Blue and Me from iPhone bluetooth devices)

• Blue and Me TomTom updates were a nightmare
  • Lost my initial OEM cable so bought another one (OEM) on eBay.
  • Downloaded TomTom MyDrive to my Win10 PC and plugged in the TomTom Blue and Me 2 to the PC
  • Initial update ran smoothly although had a couple of disconnections in the app and TomTom displayed something went wrong error
  • TomTom MyDrive app also displayed several time No Internet Connection. Had to restart to fix this
  • Splash screen went from a white 500 image to Blue and Me TomTom2 logo. A bit miffed at that but I suppose they didnt have to do multiple images for specific cars :(
  • Tried a dozen times but every time as soon as the update would start on the TomTom, MyDrive app would lose connection.
  • Eventually gave up and decided to wait till I got to work and use my MacBook
  • Joy Joy Joy Joy down in my heart......Worked first go, right through the TomTom update....no disconnections
  • Have new TomTom version.....includes ecoDrive now (not sure if I'll use historical data and if it will be of too much use considering I drive with Sport button on around town)
  • Happy days

Moral of the story;
  • Use Windows to build a Blue and Me update USB drive on a small drive 1GB or lower and Be Patient during updates, dont remove USB till you see Complete status
  • To update Blue and Me TomTom, use MacOS. Personally I've found TomTom easier to use on Mac prior to my B&M model anyhow.
  • Enjoy

Hi all. I've just bought a 2010 Punto Evo and whatever I try I cannot get the Blue&Me unit to recognise any external device. It just says "No media found" whatever device I connect.

Android phone - Bluetooth connects fine and it says on the phone it is connected, but it just won't recognise any media to play. USB connection is set on the phone to "Transfer Files" as opposed to "Charge only". The phone has 100s of DRM free MP3 songs on it.

iPod Touch (I think it's a 6th gen) - again, just says "No media found".

I put some MP3 songs onto a USB stick and plugged that into the port. I know it is connected because the light on the drive is lit up, yet it just doesn't recognise it and the device just says "No media found".

I find it funny that the booklet starts with the words "Blue&Me is an innovative system...", when it is far from that.

Does anybody have a simple step by step guide to how you setup this device to play from Android phone, ipod or USB, because the instructions in the booklet are not very helpful at all.

None of the links I have found for updating the software even exist any more on the fiat website.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

Last edited:
Hi all. I've just bought a 2010 Punto Evo and whatever I try I cannot get the Blue&Me unit to recognise any external device. It just says "No media found" whatever device I connect.

Android phone - Bluetooth connects fine and it says on the phone it is connected, but it just won't recognise any media to play. USB connection is set on the phone to "Transfer Files" as opposed to "Charge only". The phone has 100s of DRM free MP3 songs on it.

iPod Touch (I think it's a 6th gen) - again, just says "No media found".

I put some MP3 songs onto a USB stick and plugged that into the port. I know it is connected because the light on the drive is lit up, yet it just doesn't recognise it and the device just says "No media found".

I find it funny that the booklet starts with the words "Blue&Me is an innovative system...", when it is far from that.

Does anybody have a simple step by step guide to how you setup this device to play from Android phone, ipod or USB, because the instructions in the booklet are not very helpful at all.

None of the links I have found for updating the software even exist any more on the fiat website.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve
You need the song's on a memory stick in the usb port not your phone should work fairly well then

You need the song's on a memory stick in the usb port not your phone should work fairly well then
Hi. I've tried that too (see above). It just doesn't work whatever input I try. Phone, ipod or USB stick. It just say No Media Found everytime

Hi. I've tried that too (see above). It just doesn't work whatever input I try. Phone, ipod or USB stick. It just say No Media Found everytime

How large is the memory stick?

I think I remember seeing somewhere that the car's computer (based on windows, probably XP), won't recognise anything big, ie anything over about 4Gb.

If it IS a windows based operating system from the mid 2000s, then it probably won't recognise any flash memory device bigger than 4Gb. It may also need to be formatted to FAT32 (or maybe NTFS, I can't remember which was Microsoft's preferred system). If you're using a Mac, it may have formatted the usb stick to a different system.

(FAT32, the drive software the operating system is very likely expecting to see on the memory stick won't recognise any file larger than 4Gb anyway).

How large is the memory stick?

I think I remember seeing somewhere that the car's computer (based on windows, probably XP), won't recognise anything big, ie anything over about 4Gb.

If it IS a windows based operating system from the mid 2000s, then it probably won't recognise any flash memory device bigger than 4Gb. It may also need to be formatted to FAT32 (or maybe NTFS, I can't remember which was Microsoft's preferred system). If you're using a Mac, it may have formatted the usb stick to a different system.

(FAT32, the drive software the operating system is very likely expecting to see on the memory stick won't recognise any file larger than 4Gb anyway).

Looks like I was wrong about 4Gb being ok..... tried this morning with a 4Gb drive with nothing but music files on it (in folders tbh), and nada.

Will try again with all the music files in the root folder (which would seem to be a superfluous test, but hey, windows.)

Looks like I was wrong about 4Gb being ok..... tried this morning with a 4Gb drive with nothing but music files on it (in folders tbh), and nada.

Will try again with all the music files in the root folder (which would seem to be a superfluous test, but hey, windows.)

ok - so - the music on the 4Gb, DOES work, once you figure out that the radio itself doesn't control it.
I hadn't realised this and only discovered it when I tried pressing the 'windows-logo' button on the steering wheel and the voice control options suddenly had 'Play/Stop/Repeat/Next' included. Genuinely did not expect that. (Especially since the 'MP3-display' options ARE managed through the radio!

Hiya, do any of you find the BnM woman struggles to recognise simple clear commands at times? Sometimes she'll recognise the word YES straight away but others she'll keep repeating herself and finally switching the voice command back off. Is there a fix for this or is it just her monthly cycle?

Hi I have a 2012 500 twin air and the bluetooth module apparently needs replacing. I works in every way except there is no sound through the speakers. I have been advised to update the software first before removing and replacing the module. I can't find the software to download though. The official site does not work anymore (it needs flash player) so I don't know where to get it from. If any one has a copy of software for the blue and me I would appreciate it greatly. Thankyou

Back