Punto 2012+ Blue and me confusion

Currently reading:
Punto 2012+ Blue and me confusion

Pags1

Hi, so I just brought a punto evo multiair 2011 car last month and having confusion with the blue and me. So I can use it fine with the aux, but with the usb I can’t play any music through Spotify at all? It connects to my phone and says wired connection but on my iPhone11 the volume bar stays at the top and goes grey where I can’t adjust it. Then no music comes through the car at all.

I have also heard that you can update the system so was wondering if there’s a way I can update it so I won’t need to use the aux cable when wanting to play music through my phone.

Hi, so I just brought a punto evo multiair 2011 car last month and having confusion with the blue and me. So I can use it fine with the aux, but with the usb I can’t play any music through Spotify at all? It connects to my phone and says wired connection but on my iPhone11 the volume bar stays at the top and goes grey where I can’t adjust it. Then no music comes through the car at all.

I have also heard that you can update the system so was wondering if there’s a way I can update it so I won’t need to use the aux cable when wanting to play music through my phone.
You can't play music from a phone through the USB port. Only a small USB drive ( from memory up to 4 or 8GB maybe?) formatted in fat32. Remember this system was designed circa 2004 so it's old!
Stick to the aux, it's easier 😜

Blue&Me has only 2-3 functions:
- BlueTooth phone calls,
- some voice recognition control,
- mp3 (wav, wma) music from the USB thumb drive (not card reader, not smartphone etc.).

Thread closed.

Firstly don’t listen to the other two replies on this post they are factually wrong and I was able to use my iPhone 11 to play music through the USB connection on my 2011 Fiat Punto Evo.

The bad news is that this doesn’t really help you.

Basically it seems that depending on when a car was updated depends on if your car has the right drivers for the phone but you can no longer update blue and me as Fiat ended support and closed down the web site a couple of years ago

Firstly don’t listen to the other two replies on this post they are factually wrong and I was able to use my iPhone 11 to play music through the USB connection on my 2011 Fiat Punto Evo.

The bad news is that this doesn’t really help you.

Basically it seems that depending on when a car was updated depends on if your car has the right drivers for the phone but you can no longer update blue and me as Fiat ended support and closed down the web site a couple of
Interesting! Didn't know this. You learn something new every day.

Interesting! Didn't know this. You learn something new every day.
They did an update around 2010 the older systems could still play music off an iPod or old iPhone if you had the blue and me iPhone adaptor, these sell for silly money now if you can even find one but are not needed on the later cars.

My old Punto Evo I could plug my phone in and control the phone music skipping forward and back from the steering wheel it would display the track names on the screen of the radio and if you had the blue and me satnav that gave you even more control with the addition of a touch screen

Reactions: bun

You can place a USB flashdrive into the cars USB with certain files on it that will extract your cars current blueme configuration…given it is a 2011 car you should have a rev11 blueme module so it will also have your unique BDAddress to write update files to……….from what codes are given back I can decode the level of your cars blueme software……the reason I do this still is to help establish if you have old level software or just faulty parts in the system not communicating…….I have updated several PUNTO Evos over the years so have the correct latest V10 update files from other Punto Evo cars….unless you have got V10 updates which is the last ever supplied you will not get your iPhone recognised…….I do not know why by removing those previous cars I have updated BDAddress in the update files and replacing it with yours why I just get error 10…… so even this will not update your system….it is however worthwhile at least extracting your cars config file and unique BDAddress for now….

Back