Styling Beware Of Halfords Own Brand Caliper Paint (Blue)

Currently reading:
Styling Beware Of Halfords Own Brand Caliper Paint (Blue)

what did you do to the drums prior to painting?

the front calipers are rough cast so have a good texture where as the rear drums are smooth

I had removed the rust. Used brake cleaner as advised but still happened, followed all instructions given!

No, as I was not advised that it was necessary to do so?

Maybe your drums are getting overly hot for some reason?

I dont know, or maybe the blue paint just isnt as heat resistant.

3 coats is fine as long as it was primered and things, strange

My point exactly, for some reason it didn't work, BTW it says don't prime the Paint?? Don't know why?

Best thing to use if you have one is a Wire Brush Drill bit and a power drill, I used this to take all the paint off my calipers first then washed with brake cleaner to remove the dust and anything left

Best thing to use if you have one is a Wire Brush Drill bit and a power drill, I used this to take all the paint off my calipers first then washed with brake cleaner to remove the dust and anything left

I had cleaned the brakes thoroughly, but for some reason it didn't work, the paints been sent off for testing! Because it wasn't functioning correctly :S

My point exactly, for some reason it didn't work, BTW it says don't prime the Paint?? Don't know why?

Well i suppose you could just wire brush and sand the remaining blue paint and go over it?

Yeah it does say dont prime it on the tin :S strange

Its also weird how hammerite doesnt say it's heat resistant on the team, but it is lol

Well i suppose you could just wire brush and sand the remaining blue paint and go over it?

Yeah it does say dont prime it on the tin :S strange

Its also weird how hammerite doesnt say it's heat resistant on the team, but it is lol

I've thought that, but also tried with a wire brush, it just doesn't come off :S

New ones paid for by halfords it is....

Anyone used VHT Caliper paint? From VHTpaints?

It says you have to bake the drums and calipers in the oven for 20 mins on 200oC?

No mate you do not need to put them in the oven, unless thats just with VHT.

Just use Hammerite or something.

Yeah I had to sand the drums down, it doesnt just come off with the wire brush :)

Yeah VHT Spray paint says that i should oven bake them to cure them?

Yeah I had to sand the drums down, it doesnt just come off with the wire brush :)

wire brush that fits on a grinder works well and quick

52637-100mm-x-m14-crimped-wire-cup-brush-3917-p.gif

Back