General Barchetta -97 project

Currently reading:
General Barchetta -97 project

Re: the shocks, i have blue ones on mine, she's a 95 B with only 30'000 miles and so believe them to be the original stock items. unless the early models came with bilstiens as standard. The Bilstiens i have recently purchased are Yellow. :)

Re: the shocks, i have blue ones on mine, she's a 95 B with only 30'000 miles and so believe them to be the original stock items. unless the early models came with bilstiens as standard. The Bilstiens i have recently purchased are Yellow. :)

Yeah, I have started to believe that these are stock ones.. :)

Update to actual thread.. :) couple piccies..

Lowtec -30mm
lowtec.jpg

Stock rear spring vs lowtec
rs.jpg

Enginebay cleanup IN PROGRESS,a lot to do.. (You may spot CHEAP strutbrace :D)
kh.jpg

Interrior IN PROGRESS
s.jpg

Rollbars IN PROGRESS
rb.jpg

A lot to do, only if I had time.. :(:):D

More things to to-do-list.. :eek:
Yesterday I got materials to subbox + 3 extra gauges (oil-pressure, volt, air/fuel ratio) now I just have to find place for them..

put them here... they will not block your sight to road... btw: what was price of gauges and where? i just bought some "carbon fibre" gauge holder for about 10 pounds with shipping... (5 pounds for shipping...)

see here: gauge holder

Attachments

• spa0438fg7.jpg
    spa0438fg7.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 79
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
put them here... they will not block your sight to road... btw: what was price of gauges and where? i just bought some "carbon fibre" gauge holder for about 10 pounds with shipping... (5 pounds for shipping...)

see here: gauge holder

Yep that woud be one place for them, I was planning to put them to chrome cups (add little bling to b ;))

I bought them used, 50e..

No more carbon look for me, just ripped my center console back to normal.. :D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
UPDATE to rollbars/speaker panel
Like we all know there ain't really room for proper subbox, so I prefer it more as speaker panel for now. :D

Speaker panel v1 (without speakers):

rb.jpg

rb2.jpg

rb3.jpg

rb4.jpg

Thinking of re-upholstering it with black fake leather or something similar, that grey stuff was only thing I could find from garage at this point.. :D

also planning to do acrylic glass windshield.. :rolleyes:

More pics when it's on b..

And while b's interrior is in progress I updated stock front speakers with some Helix 6.5 2-way set.. :devil: waiting for amp wires so I could put b back together..

:yeahthat: oh, yeah... i like it. :slayer: argh... now i have to create that... :D
(y)(y)(y)

how will you attach to barch? bolts on bottom. and somewhere else?
i draw it you create it. nice work. (y)(y)(y):slayer:

Attachments

• 76644742go9.jpg
    76644742go9.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 97571162sf9.jpg
    97571162sf9.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 69
:yeahthat: oh, yeah... i like it. :slayer: argh... now i have to create that... :D
(y)(y)(y)

Thanks m8! (y)

any schematics dude?...

I'm sorry, but what did you mean with that? :confused:

how will you attach to barch? bolts on bottom. and somewhere else?
i draw it you create it. nice work. (y)(y)(y):slayer:

Damn, I thought I saw it somewhere! :D (y)

Attaching it with bolts on bottom to b,sameway that some rollbars fit.

he think about measurements and dimensions of each part.

just and info for better atachment, you should put some metal plate on whole bootom of that box instead of directly screwing to barch.

check image below... blue is bottom of that box, red are holes for bolts and green is metal plate. if you put only bolts there is a chance to crack where hole is because of vibrations and wind (there will be a lot of stress when you put acrylic glass). If you put that plate, it will hold down whole bottom area and there is no chance to crack and will be more stable.

also will be good to put some thin rubber where parts are connected (are touching) to barchetta for avoid knocking sound. but if you upholster it with some thicker material it will be ok. when upholstering i use some material that have 2mm of some kinda sponge (BOB!!!) on back side.

(y)(y)

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 37
when upholstering i use some material that have 2mm of some kinda sponge (BOB!!!) on back side.

Does that mean you've got square pants? :eek: I didn't think you wore pants when 'riding' in the B :)

Does that mean you've got square pants? :eek: I didn't think you wore pants when 'riding' in the B :)

:peace:

UPDATE Rollbar/speakerpanel/windstop :

Windstop v.1 :

rbws.jpg

rbip.jpg

ru.jpg

If someone is interested it's a 8mm acrylic glass cut in size , ~30€.
Like you can see roof can be fully operated with it..
I think it will do the trick. :)

More pics when I take b for a run and give it a good clean up!.. :D
and have to check those measurements too.. :eek:

did you test wind windstop? no more blowing behind ears?
some theories... if is too high ti will grab wind and if is too low it will be as before... see pictures.

1. to high (n)
2. to low (n)
3. (y)

Attachments

• aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 39
Back