Technical Barchetta rear brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Barchetta rear brakes

MilesH

Can you get rear brake pipes with coil. Off the shelf or made up anywhere?

Can you get rear brake pipes with coil. Off the shelf or made up anywhere?
Generally speaking most garages make up there own, in over 55 years I always have done so.
You can buy the tools and materials from the internet and with a little care, can soon do the job.
Alternatively check with your local garage and take in your old pipe complete with unions so they can match the threads etc to original, try not to bend it, then they should be able to shape it as original for you to fit and bleed the air out of the system.:)
If you can choose, go for Kunifer brake pipe, this has got copper and nickle so is strong but still able to be bent to shape. Pure copper is more likely to break if you bend it more than once. Both types will not rust , but I only use the Kunifer type.
Make sure you screw in the unions into the cylinders by hand till the last finishing with the spanner as easy to cross thread and damage cylinders if careless, and of course always pressure test for leaks when finished.;)

I had a leaking brake pipe on mine. Bought a kit from Amazon and made a new one.

Process was very easy, just needed the original one as a template for length and shape and made the new one. Took two or three attempts to get it right, but as I needed a pipe about 30cm length, had plenty of pipe to practice on

Back