General Barchetta -97 project

Currently reading:
General Barchetta -97 project

Henk at Barchettaparts.com ro DTR in London.........

Have to ask from Henk.. (y)

btw. what color are b's stock dampers?

Before xmas this one nice lad sold me a set of b's prings (Lowtec -30mm, 50e, pretty reasonable I think..) , prings are from this kit.

Changed them yesterday and noticed that in front I have blue dampers? didn't find any serial/model number from them. Stock ones or..? :confused:

Since b is now off the road waiting for summer I can't review the ride yet.. :eek:

Next on the list is summer wheel make up.. :)

piccies when I get them.. ;)(y)

If I had Bilsteins, why then did I change them for some cheap ones?

No, because they were leaking :) I do very much doubt that they were Bilsteins, though.

Hey Harry, sorry for the delay in responding - I have been away for a couple of days and only just plugged the laptop back in!

The noise sounds for all of the world like a wheel bearing, in fact it virtually disappears on a right hand bend and gets louder on a left - I have jacked her up and there is no play in the wheels at all which is why I am doubting a wheel bearing..........

I may run around for another week and check again, if its getting worse the cause may become more obvious.

hey... i had this problem... when i was turning right, the sound was disappearing... and was the back right bearing...

goodluck

Wheel bearings can commonly do this as it depends which face of which surface in the bearing has begun to break up. If you shift the load away from the damaged face, it'll all go quiet. There isn't always play when they fail.

Yeah, HP's right. In the end with mine I waited a few months until it had got bad enough to be sure!

Back