General Barchetta -97 project

Currently reading:
General Barchetta -97 project

did you test wind windstop? no more blowing behind ears?
some theories... if is too high ti will grab wind and if is too low it will be as before... see pictures.

1. to high (n)
2. to low (n)
3. (y)

Actually didn't, it's full winter here.. :eek: Measurements of that windstop are based on pics found on Internet, I doubt its too high, but if so there is couple cm's to cut off.

We will see when summer comes.. :D (hope soon!)

One more mod to-do before summer, have to install these bad boys to b.. :yum:

spl.jpg

SPL Dynamics S-4006 6chn & SPL Pro-10D2 :slayer:

That's a nice looking amp. (y)

yep! (y) btw. if I remember correctly you have 10" sub on b, did you make proper box for it or did you just mount it? I haven't decide yet where to mount that sub.. maybe trunk, maybe way you have it or maybe something else.. :D

I mounted the sub behind the passenger seat in the bulkhead panel. I fitted Dynamat and speaker acoustic foam around the sub back to help with the response but at some point I will go back and try and make a box for it. The problem is the lack of space behind the speaker for a nice box.

The best place for the amps and CD changer is the boot but getting power and speaker cable from the front of the car into the boot is a nightmare job. :bang:

Attachments

• sub1.JPG
    sub1.JPG
    760.4 KB · Views: 632
  • Sub2.JPG
    Sub2.JPG
    830.3 KB · Views: 586
  • Sub3.JPG
    Sub3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 665
  • Sub5.JPG
    Sub5.JPG
    977.3 KB · Views: 650
  • Sub4.JPG
    Sub4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
Ok, I have wired everything to the boot, I know what you mean.. :devil:
maybe I just try first that sub in the boot.. fortunately it only needs 15-25l box. :)

this months mod.. amp+sub :p:devil:

sub1.jpg

Doh, just kidding with that install.. :D just tried how it might sound in boot.. (and like it.. )

No more spare wheel for me..

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

Sorry about dark pics, I will take better ones when I get b out of garage.. :)

Thanks to all! (y)
Yep, I think it sounds pretty good.. :)

My only concern is that did I use enough fiberglass.. what will happen when giving raw power to it.. :eek:

I have taken b back to road last week (from 4months of hibernation).. have to go to MOT in 2 months.. :)

first night out of garage battery died (was pretty old..), so bought new one and everything seems to be ok..

Those lowtec springs have lowered b something like ~20mm now and ride is a little bit harder than before, with 15"'s it was a lot more enjoyable than before but with 17" its little like (n), because those wheels are in so bad condition.. :(

made little make up for those wheels :

vanteet.jpg

ripped old scratchy paint off and gave them fast polish & and protected like before with sinol, not perfect if looking closer but would have to do.. I will keep my eyes open for new set.. ;)

and a little review from that sub in spare wheel hole, I think it sounds ok roof up (haven't had good change to test it with roof down, waiting for good weathers..) , but when you are doing somethign like 80-100km/h it kind of fade out little bit and you have to give more power to it, not big problem for me.. have drived something like 300km's now and maybe 5 times (20min total?) have had radio on.. :D

sorry of lack of pics, I will be uploading more when weather turns better and have change to clean b.. :)

Sun was out today (y) sure it was only +5c but had change to wash b.. :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Boot not ready yet.. :eek:
sub.jpg

sub3.jpg

rb.jpg

rb2.jpg