General Barchetta -97 project

Currently reading:
General Barchetta -97 project

I make "box" using free space behind the woofer. I make sealed "box", put some sponge, rubber. I have clear and strong bass, looks good sounds good :) woofer is blaupunkt 200w rms and amplifier is Panasonic 2x190w rms (i used just 1 channel). This is low cost version.

I make "box" using free space behind the woofer. I make sealed "box", put some sponge, rubber. I have clear and strong bass, looks good sounds good :) woofer is blaupunkt 200w rms and amplifier is Panasonic 2x190w rms (i used just 1 channel). This is low cost version.

Nice job! (y)

I'm planning of moving my sub out of boot, to make room for battery.

That place what you used is one option, and other will be behind seats on that rollbar/windstop .. have to plan this little bit more.. :)

t2009.jpg

Time to put b to garage me thinks.. :( have to wait for dry day to give it a good clean up..

But again, there is something on the "list" for winter time :
- FK coilovers (should get them during this week..)
- Remove sub from boot, install 2x6" or 8" subs behind seats
- Exhaust, still considering should I go with Imasaf , Supersport or bespoke..
- Car-Pc, 7" touchscreen + couple components coming.. (I wanted to build car-pc for my past car but didn't really have time to do it..)
- Move battery to the boot (not really high priority mod..)
- Cambelt change before taking b back to roads next summer..

Let see what other things gets to the "list".. :D

Little update.. :)

Car-Pc progress:
Dell optiplex Sx270, 2.2ghz, 1gb, 160gb running modded xp pro + 7" touchscreen and frontend I'm using is Centrafuse 2.

Features so far:
GPS, Bluetooth (phone control), Wlan + basic media player features (cd/dvd/mp3)

Coming :
Rear view camera, camera to front of b with recording possibility + couple other things.. ;)

plenty to do before it will go to b.. :eek:

Dashboard and windstop are also in progress.. couple modelling pics.. more cutting needed.. ;)

db.jpg

db1.jpg

db2.jpg

sb.jpg

sb2.jpg

On next week it will be time change those FK coilovers under b and do little fiberglass work.. :)

wow... hey... nice work. cant wait to see finished. (y) i'm also now on dashboard, creating some gauge + navigation holder. foam rulez! I have to be carefully not to buy "very spreading" foam, so instead of the small gauge holder i get a carnival mask...

hm... you know... there is some empty place in glove box and glove box cover... that gives me a thinking...

some quick idea... i'm thinking to put behind windshield/woofer box a ceramic heater + some adjustable air vents to blow on back window. that window is always misty...

51yS6Xq3XGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
UNI_FILTER_VENTS.JPG

some quick idea... i'm thinking to put behind windshield/woofer box a ceramic heater + some adjustable air vents to blow on back window. that window is always misty...

51yS6Xq3XGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
UNI_FILTER_VENTS.JPG

That's pretty good idea!.. (y) where do you find those air vents? :confused:
damn there is a lot to do with that dashboard and speaker box..

Tomorrow it will be time to take old dashboard off from b and make final adjustments for monitor angles..

Have to investigate more that air vent idea.. :)

Good ~3 hours spent today to remove dashboard, old one out, modded one in for modelling..

db4.jpg

db5.jpg

db6.jpg

much cutting needed to get monitor angles better.. :D and maybe I have to try to model something that would match better with dashboard..

nice... (y) and will looks superb when upholstered... just fill all corners and edges to be smooth and round as much possible. (y)

some guy just told me that those ceramic heaters does not have very strong ventilator and should be enhanced with computer ventilators. and (maybe just on my barch) those side air vents on dash have very poor blow to windows... today i removed plastics box (behind holes in dash) and i think there will also fit some computer ventilator + some switch when needed... i'll post pictures later... I'm still at office... :bang:

Impressive work, I am thinking the same. I have a spare dash to play with. I was thinking of incorporating the radio slot also, which means I will have my system lower in the dash.

The vents I was thinking - could I trunk them somewhere else, say behind the seats? Is there anyway you can see to do this or have you just capped them off?

Keep the pictures coming... (y)

Could you also give me the model number of the Sat Nav system you are using?

:cool:

some guy just told me that those ceramic heaters does not have very strong ventilator and should be enhanced with computer ventilators. and (maybe just on my barch) those side air vents on dash have very poor blow to windows... today i removed plastics box (behind holes in dash) and i think there will also fit some computer ventilator + some switch when needed... i'll post pictures later... I'm still at office... :bang:

That sounds interesting.. waiting for pics! (y)

Impressive work, I am thinking the same. I have a spare dash to play with. I was thinking of incorporating the radio slot also, which means I will have my system lower in the dash.

The vents I was thinking - could I trunk them somewhere else, say behind the seats? Is there anyway you can see to do this or have you just capped them off?

Keep the pictures coming... (y)

Could you also give me the model number of the Sat Nav system you are using?

Thanks m8! (y) yeah, I also have one spare dash, just if I someday want to put b back to stock.. :)

I think you could use those vents somewhere else, you just have to make the necessary pipe work if you want to use them as a part of original ventilation system. Or you could use them as F4ust is planning.

I don't have any sat nav.. :confused:

Just read your orignal message above.

I was thinking about Sat Nav console. But need to know the dimensions.

aah, I'm mounting 7" touchscreen in to dashboard.. If you need, I can measure all the dimensions you want. :)

Last edited:
Yes please. Thanks (y)

Just let me know what dimensions you need! (y)

7" Touchscreen monitor: 180 x 123 x 30 mm
Mounting frame for that:
193 x 139 x 32 mm

Tomorrow I will have time to work with this, so I will then measure dimensions you need. :)

Last edited:
Fiberglassing done, pics on weekend.. :D

STOP - Teasing.... I am so glad you posted this thread as this is teaching me some good stuff.

When do you plan to re trim it? and when you do will it be leather and how much?

I am thinking of removing the glove compartment and making a subtle TVR type dash, cream leather with green stitching (Green to match the car before any comments start)

So any advice is coooooool.... :yum::worship::chin:

Back