Barbara_s_Panda_4x4_004.jpg

Panda (Classic) Barbara's Panda 4x4.

Introduction

My Partner Barbara has finally got her own Panda.

It's a 1990 4x4 in a lovely light blue metalic. New wheels and tyres were added today, new tan interior, engine upgrade, and chunkier tyres to come soon.

Not so much fun is a gearbox overhaul. :(

Well the strip down has started!

Seats are out........

Engine and gearbox are on their way out.......

I've decided to use the Punto 75 engine in Barrington, it's not so powerful that it will strain the transmission/ drivetrain, but it's a useful enough increase in go to match the show. Should be fun!

How did he do it?
Well Vern, John did have his welder on hand after he had cut out the front cross panels with a hacksaw. Then its just a two minute job.
I,m just surprised he hasn't put on a front hinged Mini style fibreglass front.
Dave

well.. not boasting or anything.. but i never had anything taken off the engine. and i did not have a engine hoist. it was all done with ratchet straps and brute force :D

ask John panda panda... he was there when the magic happened. or was that when we put the p75 engine in?

just one note, but i think you already know about it.. the stock air filter box hits the bonnet on a panda unless you cut out a bit of the bonnets structure..pretty sure you know that though..

I seem to remember they were around 250 beer tokens. Bet that's put you off :p.

I did post about making them on another thread, will edit this post and insert a link if I can find it.

Anyway, engine gearbox and front suspension are out now......

EDIT: Rock slider details HERE benjii

Last edited:
The seat subframes are the same as the ones in the white 4x4. The square box sections are farther apart in this case as I'm using Alfa 147 seats rather than 156's and they are wider.

Hi, sorry to ressurect an old post, was just wondering if you could give mesome more info about the seat subframes. How are these attached to the car and are they removable if you were to revert back to stock?

Reason I ask is I have some nice Alfa seats which I used in my Alfa 145.
I believe they're from a GTV and wondered how I might go about potentially fitting them in my CLX. the runners are built in to the base and would have been bolted to mounting points on the original car.

I'd be very interested in purchasing a similar set if you would/could remanufacture them.

Any and all practical advice welcomed, thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry to ressurect an old post, was just wondering if you could give mesome more info about the seat subframes. How are these attached to the car and are they removable if you were to revert back to stock?

Reason I ask is I have some nice Alfa seats which I used in my Alfa 145.
I believe they're from a GTV and wondered how I might go about potentially fitting them in my CLX. the runners are built in to the base and would have been bolted to mounting points on the original car.

I'd be very interested in purchasing a similar set if you would/could remanufacture them.

Any and all practical advice welcomed, thanks.

Hi,

The subframes use the original runners and three bolt mounting of the original seat, was designed that way so that, yes, you can revert to original at a later date.

They are fine for the 147 and 156 seats but need a slight re design for seats from any other Alfa. I will pm you further details and some pics.

Back