General AUX input - RESULT

Currently reading:
General AUX input - RESULT

just been sitting in the car trying to route a dension lead down through the dash in the dark (hmm, it doesnt seem to drop down - do I need to take some panels off??) and it struck me that the pins we are using for the AUX bodge are of course not replacing the CD changer function. For those like me who abandoned the green wire in the yellow plug whilst doing it.... was that possibly a reason for our failure? What is the green wire for?? Also I'm presuming that if the blue plug is for CD changer wiring that is not required, and the green plug - not required unless phone kit fitted??

yeah right. has anyone actually jiggled a cable down through the dash?!
Its quite impenetrable. Anyone got any more detailed advice as to where it is ideally routed?

Poked mine down from the stereo slot and it appeared at the bottom, right by the cup holders which is where I sit my mp3 player....

It took 2 attempts from memory....

Just to say a big thanks to all you guys who have posted in this thread, I bought the Blue Spot cable, extracted the terminations from the blue connector, and plugged them in to the yellow connector, as per the diagram on the head unit. Took me about 5 minutes and it sounds fantastic! Now I can listen to my podcasts on my M4 commute evry morning. Thanks once more, so helpful to see the pictures and diagrams on here. (y)

Can anyone help me with this type of radio player? I've tried some of the solutions that worked for other players, but it's not working for me.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_9669.JPG
    IMG_9669.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7577.JPG
    IMG_7577.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 83
I would just like to say thanks for this brilliant guide a very easy job which should have been done by Fiat in the first place. ;)

Unfortunately, the link to the grand punto site does not work any more and so I don't know which connections are the ones required to attach an auxiliary cable. I have however checked my wiring diagram and there seems to be some connections that differ on my unit to the diagram that erictheboy. Am I right in thinking that the required connections are (according to the diag above) :

A.AF-R
A.AF
A.AF-L

i.e. The connections to the right of the BOOSTER connection?

I know I'm bumping an old thread here but I just bought a 2010 1.2 Eco and was hoping to fit an aux input following the directions in this thread. I bought a cable off eBay and extracted the HU but it seems that mine does not support it :( I plumbed the wires into the yellow plug but it didn't work. I see on the sticker that these pins say NC (not connected?)

Looks like I will need to buy an aftermarket HU...

If anyone wants to buy a cable with the connector block safely removed, let me know.

Nick

Attachments

• DSC_0599.JPG
    DSC_0599.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0600.JPG
    DSC_0600.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 66
From memory it had to be the mp3 version of the head unit with the AUX IN for the optional disc player.

Then again I may be wrong...It was a while ago!

It would appear I have the same issue as mentioned above.
The aux lead I bought doesn't match with the yellow plug I removed (see pic), plus, the stereo doesn't appear to have the right pins to receive the aux.

I've looked online to try and find out if my stereo is one that can accept aux but not got far and guessing not from what I have seen.

Can anyone suggest a decent stereo I could look into replacing the current standard stereo with please?
As I've had enough of anyways using cds. I have very little idea of what will and won't fit when it comes to car stereos.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 1464607710426.jpg
    1464607710426.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 32
  • 1464607720207.jpg
    1464607720207.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 29
Back