General AUX input - RESULT

Currently reading:
General AUX input - RESULT

Hey tibrocks and Neogeta! No luck trying to get your unit to accept aux in - trust me, I've got the same model and I'm stuck with FM transmitter.

Just to sum things up for anyone looking for help:
- Non-MP3 units either do not have the pins required for the connection, or have the pins but can't get into aux in mode.
- MP3 compatible units have aux in as is described through fully in this thread. The best way to get this done is to buy a cable made for the yellow bit instead of fiddling with pins with of the blue one.

Last edited:
Hey tibrocks and Neogeta! No luck trying to get your unit to accept aux in - trust me, I've got the same model and I'm stuck with FM transmitter.

Just to sum things up for anyone looking for help:
- Non-MP3 units either do not have the pins required for the connection, or have the pins but can't get into aux in mode.
- MP3 compatible units have aux in as is described through fully in this thread. The best way to get this done is to buy a cable made for the yellow bit instead of fiddling with pins with of the blue one.

Thanks BrokenPanda for that. Looks like it is just FM radio and cds then.

I know it's an old thread, but the link to the cable needed for this mod:

bluespot.co.uk/stock/auxin.asp

Is no longer active and in fact the bluespot site has gone by the looks of things.

If anyone can point me in the direction of exactly which cable I need, I will be very grateful! :)

Just got a 100HP and the double press on the CD does not bring up 'AUX' - is this normal on a 2010 100HP??

Funny thing is there is an official looking lead in the glovebox with an iPod and 3.5mm joint input...

Can anyone help?

Hi, well it says 'MP3' on the unit and has the facility to play MP3 CD's I believe.

Just it does not do anything with a double press of the 'CD' button.

Just noticed too that when I played a CD more options came up to change tone etc and it says 'CD/MP3/AUX BASS" etc...?

Max... I too was under the impression all 100hp's came with the aux function, my 57 reg does so I'm not quite sure.

I assume you've tried the input in your glovebox with all the functions you can try? Might be worth following the cable, and definitely worth pulling the HU out and seeing if anything is connected to the yellow or blue blocks; coathanger or removal prongs make it easy enough!

I have read somewhere that it might not be an option until the correct wires are installed in the HU, this doesn't sound likely but it's worth a shot.

If you are unfortunate enough to not have the function, have a read of a thread called Audio Modulator (Thread 252028) in the ICE section. (Unable to post the URL :( )

Also to anyone that is installing an aux cable, there is no need to faff around tapping into the current yellow connector, the green wire already coming from this is for the optional sub so if you don't have it, feel free to leave the old connector dangling and just plug in the new one.

Lastly when you order the cable, make sure you get one long enough, first one I ordered was about 50cm and completely useless (without bothering with an extension)

Ha! Just traced that official looking glovebox lead and it leads under the dash to a Parrott Bluebox?? Some kind of bluetooth thingy with a load of wires coming out of it no doubt to the HU - not sure if I can make any use of that but I guess not....?!?

Right - HU out got all excited but despite a load of connectors out back the whole lot was wired into that bluetooth box. I think the original owner had an aftermarket stereo in there as I can see some of the moulding behind has been altered to fit and the BT must have been used with that. I have pulled the whole lot out. Please see the HU label and rear - I guess I'm out of luck for aux input - as I say unusual with a 2010 I think??

boO2V3Ll_TW8xaoiXOHN6n41D9K5omj0AMRz21Sp9jWRRIVdsoBrED1_gc5bJIXjESxhhQmTGbv5oNKjzvZxsglMmncrfxieEhmoBOSXiE7qf48zoVyWEbzUn8umXJWxSXZHpN9Qkp3K_LO-dfjI0KFP-XafYeCPFfMnBEZSMriF13GorUwwduTeHBcXNwCggDNHV8L6OUGxkdhrdfVymUQkDDdoZ9nxKDFearQxH5CaVJRkjvuXvIt43wbEFX5-36cZc5RPe8PCDceKpma_TOZxFWw8LxVTHIfML4hGO9Kq7BuPKe8gy2UTUBinsu_Ls5s-O5QfaAqH8tSj-gB49kocyxw2YfydGxFN6LQcqJTmSmEgoQTUsGO-pgjHnMCfQYpWbXS7AesfuoDJmH7STjXYxJC1nWwYnlSnEVr8NucuEClVrjpwZLd5sVkuHkwQgGjFEH0RkOpMEM2jkUfkPrYPD18eNJkTKdPYV48zkSaXulk3cnf8Nm0lnVHREYqbjXS5x_68A6d9kc_JqTUODkWf4fLQAnCu2XEDN_5bLV9jtt7_kQHo6DvFac10uGYhIeAevuXjlqAtzrNTIUN7vemqLpq64Iobw_sqxGpEqRw=s693-no

kTeBz5iceoMcXXURbR61NpSLz2gbuUXbLKknHxB14-eUIpH61MQHNqv6LII-GtBkHGLFjBKP0Y6nfRyTZ2Zzq_YgcFqQ2lSxZE-ze34AP94HddF1FROoZmpGuohxCHFLs34rI5ymzBw74eJDjnv_NCM1ZAjLhTeDdHej8GgTppQHRplopQQ8ngTI2yebYfL2Tj4Sjd7h6maXR05reyGXZ9dyVAxzy0Q00iZGkydnGzBpWdyeQuTSO04Ram1OjwHke9VFdQBHvUXMIBmNMxzZxA0S5esEEZ1ezBK-aSc1slY-4xC3HZ2tUcUcwCMu9ZDpECHupzUoAjLMZGMpNYUedJEWIVZNf5G2UK2aeyqP_-bpQrtPQcu5Pj5iZUkJA8cVL_Za88HrT0U2FOpaBJ1GCTYQXBNiEcNtfQByecOj6IX4A0IGJT9JXIsWUrhaHNAquC6xMd-sPkpGx1birIhD4DCTzquiKq6MSJWxDKhvmhAuqCtgPqXv0bsXjudDtdPLbyUkE2GYPEe6vHSsN2n1uSBRCzmqW8rOrCt7hEZ4X1OjwB3eUJj-_SLbOqNQbZ6dJt8ufWteXU8IaQepfkYj_KfEsjy5sg_sJkqVrl9eVRc=s693-no

iNXhTyWRu8bfT7cZ2GtuLu1CNIt4kPVhHx6ldPWFxGz0cA0BmdoPfeM4XK4M-TRNV-3EwbZcYAXAxal2rcXtJuAm07V146ka__PcDqLS2hF2_rstXridOAda3yf_cSH_cvFEHLYIUR7VbTFnet5UEaDdnzW4xO_2HfZXhTy9fSyPcpT9BHboSmdE5CYPEg5aGfsqutJLOcLs79SN_hhtb7W-qKx9zugPmdhxYeiXcC229jFclFY0k63LZJZUpm5YLpRsGz3ikWtBCmn6a2NpklPxaqEl23_guZgzjom81ND9WYMAWuoCmhCNwkygD5c1eR920XKyBZdwxp3hk836GP3hF6aFqNKq7K-dxAnJsMyXP2s0tMrJoOTohpdxEUxhn-ORiDhWTwbNouMSyCnhSeA4Pnn4gCqXXEggfaEPI4op21R-VcZPS_MUytlNjwvvxG2rmEsTUBkyUqaZkMXk-eOs46Xkk-sZDegJCmKkrNYuCsQ8MCUgcCa4XXxkqX4zMcgkmCqq24J25mMY7yTi2v6SWSEI7akZ6JMt27fF0aQzGcBoNlt7rgGpYneJ1NU31QDD46m_0Eg9NyIssGGoDoyIQ4euHTS9JJQYrzFU3rw=w520-h693-no

zl544gb6EG8DYCorzcFpKJdnupJBNO6Rl4CK0b8uG62JHU_HbaKQpEEwywEMUlZ6qRXkJ5H78a7vPp_4rMlHbaOJz6rHiUms_IgbPLHxSKTRw3nVcBQVLJLkGI1bnKsfjNQGYuDsFdte_6b_sKh_dy-qNY6o-khRJy8ZyrDcm48Xb1tcI_JQzAKhwT3XM0jrbZYivnQ6BysRBcUgaTJC2Q2EYueiRPbJeirV7bWyTB1H8ZpqEWS8LBwcDkmfV2zMCXv4vbMTvHlzWvCSMxkaNoTceUolrmep0QBhnhi3U2KhtyN6s458ApVf0Nkb0gYrIKnmUj9xBk-E0AfWQowjWY4tOeqkOAHywazhWwtrMbirvKrAJ0IIYbTNHIq_3MKiNSuc1feR2CuIlGcDn7Vk0se5tpvEo2vnlrOmffrqCD17hinUB9iZDyIJMUeQnhtr5bYq6Y-Sh_uWpyitIy98rPm5xthPlc3otDXKM4GL982OGlWP4OAvwRZRQeI9YYpNd__f6Vim5kL1z_pvZl9Qd4Z2InCqbVJkNczTPtQLz5YAK74dqABlgd1S7Gm-Kz_14TyYVue8X5JEYUTdNUr4yn82qbXxKS8nT4SIII7Nsls=s693-no

I'm pretty sure the blue part of the connector is for a CDchanger. When connected, the CD button gets an extra function for CDC (or aux connected to the blue connector)
The yellow, green and blue parts can be separated.

gr J

Is there any definitive way of knowing whether one's standard head unit in the 100HP is able to play music from a phone via aux cable simply by the age of the car or by the code numbers on the head unit?

I'm pretty sure the blue part of the connector is for a CDchanger. When connected, the CD button gets an extra function for CDC (or aux connected to the blue connector)
The yellow, green and blue parts can be separated.

gr J

Ahh, thanks for that - what do I need to buy to make that happen?

Last edited:
Is there any definitive way of knowing whether one's standard head unit in the 100HP is able to play music from a phone via aux cable simply by the age of the car or by the code numbers on the head unit?

Sorry to dredge up this old thread but in the same situation, my 100HP has the mp3 CD player but double pressing the CD button does nothing. I tried to install anyway, it didn't work. But there's a way to check

Take the radio out, look at the white sticker showing the connections. The BOOSTER section has 4 connections. They need to be A.AF (aux ground), A.AF-R (aux right channel) A.AF-L (aux left channel) - If like mine they're all labeled NC then you're out of luck it doesn't do AUX.

In case it helps anyone, my 2010 100HP came with a Bosch headunit. It had the mp3 logo on front panel, but pressing CD did not reveal an AUX mode. I removed the HU and right enough the connector diagram showed the dreaded 'NC'.

I bought a Blaupunkt HU (from a 2006 100HP I think) from ebay which had the desired A.AF, A.AF-R, and A.AF-L connections. After help with the code from Davren of this forum, I installed and checked it had the AUX mode, which it did.

Then bought an aux cable (yellow connector). My car has the woofer connection, so used a couple of straightened paperclips to release the green wire pin from the existing yellow connector, then installed it into the connector on the aux cable.

Routing the cable through to the glovebox was a pain, so I ended up removing the screws and bolt which hold the glovebox on. The airbag switch prevented full removal, but it gave enough wiggle room to feed the cable through the hole in the top of the glovebox.

Thankfully works fine now. Good luck to anyone else trying it!

Back