General AUX input - RESULT

Currently reading:
General AUX input - RESULT

Folks,

I REALLY need some help here please!!! I have read and re-read every post on this forum about hooking up an MP3 fly-lead to my 06 4x4 HeadUnit. I eventually came to the conclusion that it was a poverty-spec job, which didn't play MP3s and didn't have ANY audio inputs on the YELLOW connector plug at the back. So in desperation I bought an MP3-compatible unit from Italian eBay....

Which looked to be exactly what I wanted. It has the MP3 logo on it, it has a fully pinned socket bay for the yellow plug, it have the correct pin-out label on the back showing the AUX facility for A.AF-L, A.AF-R and A.AF-ground. All great.

I bought the yellow plug cable off the Net (I also have the blue one too as it happens) and hooked it all up yesterday.

The Good news is that I can now play MP3s on CD - it reads files, directories and has al the correct MP3 options in the MENU section as expected.

BUT - it still won;t play from my MP3 play over the fly-lead due to the fact that I cannot get AUX selected on the Head Unit. I can press the CD button as many times as I want, but nothing doing. If I'm in RADIO and and I press CD - then I get CD. Press it again and nothing else.

One of the chaps in the office has a 100HP and his CD button trips between CD, CDC and AUX when we press it repeatedly.

Can anyone please tell me what you have to do to these pox-ridden units to get AUX to work !!?!?!? :bang:

I really don't want to buy an aftermarket HU - I just want to find what needs to happen to get AUX to work.

Thanks,

Phil G

That's what I thought too - seems that my quest for a fully functional HU has to continue. I may have managed to gain MP3 capability, but CDC or AUX still eludes me. Hmmm.....

when I finally find one that does everything, I'll have a CANCHECK-free and coded MP3 compatible HU to move on! As well as a standard non-MP3 original too. Perhaps I should start collecting them.....!

Thanks,

Phil

When I connected mine up the way you show it in your pic (the same way that it is shown in the other thread) I could just about hear the output but it clearly wasn't right.....

Through trial and error I ended up with the set-up I previously mentioned....

LEFT & RIGHT wires (the thin ones) in the holes you have marked as LEFT & EARTH....

The EARTH in the one you have marked as RIGHT (the middle one)
(although I ended up earthing mine throught the casing as I broke the clip!)

Try putting the LEFT and RIGHT wires in place but don't fully click them in....Then try the EARTH and you should hear your output....(make sure your mp3 player is playing!)

I run my mp3 player in LINE OUT mode....

Good luck....let us know! (y)

So how are people hooking theres up? the way the diagram illustrates or the way Bitter Pill has explained?

Do it the way on the previous page as outlined by Fluoxetine. I did it this way. Is easy takes 5mins.

Yeah do it that way, rather than the correct way.... :rolleyes:

I did it the way 'ThisBitterPill' said to and it works fine.

(y)

The confusion came about because the wiring diagram referred to was from a Grande Punto....Hence the different connections....

So just to confirm....

THICK Black one is the EARTH and goes in the middle hole of the 3

THIN Black & THIN Red are LEFT / RIGHT and go in top / bottom holes....

As paul100hp already pointed out, it doesn't seem to matter which way round they go (All it means is L/R would be switched but that's not really a big deal)

:D

There's a 'correct' way is there? How is doing it the way I did a bodge? Once the pins are in the connector it is just as well done as doing it 'your' way. :rolleyes:

Erm did I say yours was a bodge? :confused:

You told princeprawn to 'Do it the way on the previous page as outlined by Fluoxetine'

Well if you actually read my posts, you would realise that the attachment he refers to is INCORRECT for the Panda....

IT IS FOR A GRANDE PUNTO.... :rolleyes:

It all got very complex and I gave up....

17072009234.jpg

I had a hoke in the garage and found an old tape deck for the panda and pulled out the cd and stuck in the tape (like who uses either now, like really? It's either radio or the 'Comes with Music' on my nokia or laptop).

Got the tape converter, found a handsfree from my junk box that seems to say samsung on it and now for the grand cost of 'bugger all' I've got a mp3 car kit, lol

When a call comes in I just press the silver button and the mike in that little box picks up my voice and the caller goes thou the cars 4 speakers. When the call ends the phone goes back to playing music again.

Quite happy with my 'Heath Robinson' approach to it all:rolleyes:

Fred

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! :eek:

I thought the Active's even came with CD players now :eek: :bang:

Speed reading again MEP

I had a hoke in the garage and found an old tape deck for the panda and pulled out the cd and stuck in the tape (like who uses either now, like really? It's either radio or the 'Comes with Music' on my nokia or laptop).

Ever heard of the pleasure / pain principle ?

Yesterday I dug out my old cassette walkman, and the 3mm jack to 3mm jack cable so I could play it through the ipod connection on my stereo. :eek:

When I hit play it worked and for the first time in over a year I could play any of my ancient collection of cassettes in the car - 'pleasure':D

The 'pain' bit ? well that's the lead picking up my mobile's signal, I nearly crapped myself first time the racket kicked in :bang:

My stereo can play those quaint old CDs, but I use a hard drive connected to the USB port :slayer:

Back