General 600 mile tank?

Currently reading:
General 600 mile tank?

306maxi

STOP! Hammer time!
Currently travelling on the m25 en route to deepest darkest Kent, the trip computer is showing 68.9 mpg over 255 miles and the fuel gauge is showing 3/4 of a tank left. Reckon it'll make it to 600 on the return journey or do you think it'll run out? :p have worked out that it needs to do 65 mpg to make it to 600 miles, not too confident that it'll make it :(

Good luck with the attempt. I'd say 600 miles on 42 litres is right on the limit of what the car is capable of.

It would only need a slight headwind on the return and you'd be out on the push.

Yeah, only needs one bit of congestion. Spose I'll have to be happy playing it safe with 560 or so. Only just off the m25, god I hate that road. Car says it should make 580 which is interesting, range goes down a lot slower when you're doing silly mpg.

No chance for 600 = ) Fuel gauge is quite inaccurate when you think its half full its much less than that because it doesn't include the extra fuel in the filler hole (its the wrong name but you know what i mean)

No chance for 600 = ) Fuel gauge is quite inaccurate when you think its half full its much less than that because it doesn't include the extra fuel in the filler hole (its the wrong name but you know what i mean)

lol ahmett, I'm not really going off the gauge anyway, I'm going off the trip computer which is fairly accurate over long stints.

I actually did about 120 before the range even started going down and I did 170 miles before the fuel gauge lost its first segment.

If there's a tailwind and no traffic then maybe just maybe it'll be doable.

lol ahmett, I'm not really going off the gauge anyway, I'm going off the trip computer which is fairly accurate over long stints.

I actually did about 120 before the range even started going down and I did 170 miles before the fuel gauge lost its first segment.

If there's a tailwind and no traffic then maybe just maybe it'll be doable.
good luck then. let us know

No chance for 600

If you can somehow get 42 litres in the tank (and unless you are Maxi, please bear in mind Fiat specifically advise against overfilling in the handbook), then it's probably possible - just.

I've managed 516 miles on 34.7 litres , which would give you 624 miles on 42 :).

On that tankful, I had 70mpg on the trip at the end.

Last edited:
If you can somehow get 42 litres in the tank (and unless you are Maxi, please bear in mind Fiat specifically advise against overfilling in the handbook), then it's probably possible - just.

I've managed 516 miles on 34.7 litres , which would give you 624 miles on 42 :).

On that tankful, I had 70mpg on the trip.

Haha most ive put in is 39 and there was a bit left (fuel gauge was at zero zero) but car was still running!

I realise that they advise against it, I only do it when I'm going to do a bit of mileage after I fill up and 54k miles on it appears to be fine. But it's something I'd advise to do with the caveat of it being specifically advised against in the manual

I realise that they advise against it, I only do it when I'm going to do a bit of mileage after I fill up and 54k miles on it appears to be fine. But it's something I'd advise to do with the caveat of it being specifically advised against in the manual

yeah and they especially say not to do it if the weather is hot! so in 35c greece or turkey in the summer not good filling it above when the 'click' happens in the petrol station.

Think we're on for about 580-590 which is still bloody good! Being that I'm on the motorway i may have to refuel a bit early, think it's done 430 miles and is still showing 3/5 of a tank. Quite impressed

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 112
Back