General Fuel tank

Currently reading:
General Fuel tank

Spike1963

Hi my daughter has a fiat 500 0.9 petrol reg eo64bck
Ok she hasn’t used it for 2 years so i need to drain the fuel can anybody tell me how i do this many thanks

I cannot see anything in the Haynes manual. I would try and disconnect the pipe in the engine bay and then turn the ignition on and let the pump push all the old fuel through until its run out. I think the alternative may be to remove the tank. Syphoning will be a good start. Maybe add some clean fuel and then let the fuel pump clear the tank?

I cannot see anything in the Haynes manual. I would try and disconnect the pipe in the engine bay and then turn the ignition on and let the pump push all the old fuel through until its run out. I think the alternative may be to remove the tank. Syphoning will be a good start. Maybe add some clean fuel and then let the fuel pump clear the tank?
Will i be able to put tube down were you fill it up then or will there be something blocking it at the bottom so people cant steal the fuel

Will i be able to put tube down were you fill it up then or will there be something blocking it at the bottom so people cant steal the fuel
Not certain but I think if you insert the emergency fuel funnel the answer is yes. YOU NEED A TUBE that will fit inside the filler funnel. You can also remove the fuel pump under the back seat to get access for baling or syphoning. You would need new sealing rings. If you have standard fuel cap I dont know. Capless fillers have theft deterrant built inby default.

Not certain but I think if you insert the emergency fuel funnel the answer is yes. YOU NEED A TUBE that will fit inside the filler funnel. You can also remove the fuel pump under the back seat to get access for baling or syphoning. You would need new sealing rings. If you have standard fuel cap I dont know. Capless fillers have theft deterrant built inby default.
Ok thanks all i no is that she has to use a key to undo the fuel cap with a key thanks for the info mate

Ha. Just thought you can also.... with difficulty get the filler pipe off at the tank with dufficulty but Id replace the pipe clamp after. Im still thinking undo in engine bay and let the cars ppump do the work. You may ned tocharge the battery after.
Ok cool just disconnect the pipe and turn on ignition

Ok cool just disconnect the pipe and turn on ignition
Believe so. it may trigger a warning light for fuel pressure sensor. i expect this will turn off once the pipe is reconnected, and the fuel pressure sensor gets a pressure reading again.

Believe so. it may trigger a warning light for fuel pressure sensor. i expect this will turn off once the pipe is reconnected, and the fuel pressure sensor gets a pressure reading again.
Cool thanks for your help hopefully doing it tomorrow will let you no how i get on thanks again dude

Back