Technical Range Computer Broken??

Currently reading:
Technical Range Computer Broken??

cjh200

Hi,

I filed my 2014 Fiat 500s 1.2L (TFT Dash) full with fuel a few months ago and noticed the range computer climbing rapidly, it stopped at 612 miles, and now does this every time i fill up. When I run my car, the fuel gauge is still accurate and displays like it did. I usually run my car to 2 bars of fuel, this was showing as 200 miles worth of fuel at 2 bars!! Either I have the most economical car ever or something is wrong with the range computer?

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Connor

Hi,

I filed my 2014 Fiat 500s 1.2L (TFT Dash) full with fuel a few months ago and noticed the range computer climbing rapidly, it stopped at 612 miles, and now does this every time i fill up. When I run my car, the fuel gauge is still accurate and displays like it did. I usually run my car to 2 bars of fuel, this was showing as 200 miles worth of fuel at 2 bars!! Either I have the most economical car ever or something is wrong with the range computer?

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Connor

An economical 500, sounds like a good thing 👍

Try resetting the trip a and b when you fill up?
What does your average fuel consumption say usually?
There's always the good old disconnect the battery reset too?
I haven't tried the battery, thats a good shout! I’ve reset trip A and B but it’s worth another try… My average is around 47.5 mpg, so not enough to have 600 miles range lol!

Back