Technical Fuel cut off unavailable - 2012 500c

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel cut off unavailable - 2012 500c

Derbyfella

Established member
Evening all

The Wifes (older) car is stuck on the other side of our estate parked up after visiting a friend. The day previous she had complained that it hadn't started when all the lights were on and she tried a few more times then it started. It had already had an issue with the battery.
So last night i went across and tried to start it, there was an error showing on the dash saying fuel cut off unavailable. I've fitted a new battery tonight. The earth strap had been replaced within the past few weeks. Car still wont start. No errors on dash
Key in lights on and then off no errors showing turn key....there is a slight whine from the starter motor and then a clicking noise from what i presume to be the fuel pump - but engine doesn't turn and no 'crank'.
The car has previously had hatch wiring issues, but these were rectified - being a 500c only 7 wires to the rear hatch, no issues since.
My copy of MES is on a laptop that basically has a knackered battery - its charging now and ill go back across in a bit but im a little bit stuck....
So after ideas please

It’s a brand new battery
For got to mention had noco connected on previously on battery last night and still wouldn’t turn over.

Opened odb port cover and found this
IMG_4510.jpeg

Also got the engine ECU connected and MES was saying 11.6v
. No sign of dimming lights after 2m

I’m suspecting with no logical reason other than I’ve messed with it…dodgy earth.
Or starter motor issue

Last edited:
I will add these
IMG_4508.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

I have never run that before. So cleared those errors…none came back
Still no change, I also don’t know if those errrors have been there since I had it or more recent.

So car bump started…..and sounded terrible…check engine light came on….got car home engine sounding better
turned off…tried to restart one click then nothing…..start stop unavailable comes on and also fuel cut off unavailable again, this time a padlock also bottom right.
same thoughts in my head, the earth strap or the starter motor.
after daughters crazy sleep over I’m going to fix thoese wires near odd port and put original earth strap back in.

What sound is terrible?
Thinking starter, battery( could be flat even if new ), earth strap or other cables.
Does the car have Bluetooth?
Are the cut wire going to the obd port? If yes I think I know why they're cut, no can signal?

The engine sound, clattery and rough, the car is a pop so no blue tooth.
the cut wires….not actually sure they are cut, they are taped up but the other end is connected to a tag/ bolt/screw. My intention was to reconnect them….I can added another photo tomorrow….what would be the reason?what are the wires?

Initial problem now resolved by tightening earth strap and charging new battery car starts instantly

Just need to know what that wire is do you have an idea John?

SO closer inspection leads me to believe that the third black wire is a tiny earth and the others have been cut imho

feels like they go up into the lower steering wheel area

Can the lower cover ( the one below the bottom half of the steering wheel be removed?

Back