DSCF4992.jpg

Cinquecento 1998 Sporting Broom Yellow (Sting!).

Introduction

Brought her on the 22nd of September And she's not exactly in stunning condition but she'll get there :D
These bits will be arriving tomorrow along with a replacement gearbox :D
Also now have a gazzaman chip waiting to be soldered in, however i still need these spacers for my Pgt wheels :(

Attachments

• IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I have a 1242 16V block. I was going to use the pistons to lower the compression of my 1108 but you're welcome to it if you want.

If you have a look at my Punto GT brake guide I only use 10mm spacers on the front. The GT wheel bearings pull the rears out nicely. Any more and you'd need to widen your arches or otherwise fail the M.O.T due to the Boadicea effect.

I have a 1242 16V block. I was going to use the pistons to lower the compression of my 1108 but you're welcome to it if you want.

If you have a look at my Punto GT brake guide I only use 10mm spacers on the front. The GT wheel bearings pull the rears out nicely. Any more and you'd need to widen your arches or otherwise fail the M.O.T due to the Boadicea effect.

No thanks for the engine just yet.
Others have managed to get away with that size of spacers, and the MOT will be achieved before they go on as that is just around the corner!

That's right. I used the GT inner washer against the modified GT caliper mounting plate and the Cinquecento outer washer to seal the new grease in and have enough thread left on the Cinquecento stub for the nut to hold it all together safely.

To make the GT handbrake cable fit you need to drill out the smaller of the two Cinquecento holes, weld a washer to the Cinquecento lever arm and use a longer bolt to reach. Then I used cable ties to hold the cable in place along the floor of the car.

As far as the M.O.T is concerned if you have more than 10mm of tyre wider than the arch it's a pedestrian hazard and a fail. Depending on your choice of wheel the Punto GT ones I fitted sit perfectly within the arch, providing a bigger footprint without the wider track.

Handling wise; with standard ride height the car feels very well planted. The heavier wheels have knocked acceleration a tad but cornering speeds are up to compensate. Rather than stop and go the car carries momentum through corners.

I have stripped a lot of weight from my car first so a standard car may loose the go-kart feel and the steering will be heavier when parking (obviously). Nowhere near as bad as Cinquecento's I've driven on 15's but not as nimble as with 13's.

Are you keeping the 13's and just making the track wider or looking to go bigger?

PGT wheels will go on a normal one avec spacers and not stick out - i had some before ;) Can't remember what size spacers i had but they were pretty chuncky beasts.. 25mm on front i think but my memory is shocking and we talking years ago..

Just bought another set of GT3 wheels for my sei but not actually looked at the offset etc yet.

Well I saw the PGT wheels and liked the look of them, and I knew they could be fitted. When further reading on the equipment required to fit them, I read up more upon the dynamics of widening the track, which was simply a bonus. Thanks for the information about the PGT brakes, it may come in useful soon.

And Blu, it was 25 on the front and 20 on the back. I remember from my research (y)

Hmm i fitted Alfa rear caliper and i kept the standard cinq rear wheel bearing and used the standard cinq handbrake cable.

But you need to grind down the loop a wee bit so it fits on the caliper.

Later i swapped the whole system to the seicento stuff.

Ming

If I'm very lucky this new gearbox may even be in by tomorrow, along with the fitament of the new exhaust system. Then to work my magic with a fine point soldering iron and get the Gazzaman chip in!
I didnt really plan to have a colour scheme kind of thing with the car, but I love the look of Lecook's new cinq. But what colours match Yellow well?

cheers buddy :D

i didnt have any plans to change the color of the trims until about a week ago when i saw my mates golf in the color i did my trims, i know black would go well with yellow or white you may even get away with cream or a gunmetal grey/anthracite have a look at the colors of wheels that are being put on the yellow cinqs and seis and ull soon find something you like

lee

Whilst waiting for the paint to dry, i thought I'd share :)
bumper is now recieving its topcoat and the trim bits have gone toyota red for this moment in time, but we'll if it works when its all back together.

Edit: i think red and yellow definately go. Hopefully pics of completion will follow tomorrow

Double edit: I ran out of paint! and the stuff I'm using was brougjt in Devon! Oh dear :(

Attachments

• 20120410_131442.jpg
    20120410_131442.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 33
  • 20120410_131430.jpg
    20120410_131430.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I certainly feel productive today.
Prepped and sprayed the bumper and trims, ordered more paint and a new clutch kit.
Tomorrows job is to fit this new exhaust and find out its far too loud!

And I thought about purple, but I had red paint to hand ;) I'll see how the red looks and if I get bored, you can guess which colour I'm going (y)

Back